User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    How did you end up joining forums in general, not particularly this one...

Because I know that you have more than one account.

Any reason? Parents didn't love you enough? Can't socialize with real people? Got bored and started googling things? Felt like everyone should know your opinion on something?

Do tell.
    I think the first forum I joined was the City of Heroes discussion forum in 2002. That was about three years before the game was released. The Nerd Quotient (NQ) on that forum would put this one to shame. There we were waiting around for three years for a game to be released while talking about stuff like super powers, comic books, and who would win in a fight between Batman and Superman.

The funny thing is that right before beta testing started for City of Heroes I got hooked into Final Fantasy Online. So I devoted about 2.5 years to discussing a game that I never really played. (I beta tested it, and while it was fun I liked Final Fantasy Online better.) City of Heroes is a good game, and although it was fairly successful it was unfortunately released about the same time as another popular MMO. I think it was called World of Warchest or something like that.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

This is the only forum I have ever joined. I found it at a time when I had very limited options socially due to the location of the community I was in and my boyfriend and I had just broken up. I like the variety of skills and reference people, discussion topics etc that I can access which aren't as readily available within the circle of people that I know. I also have good friends here now.

However, I don't know where I would find time to be part of more than one forum. I find that this place sucks me in enough!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

1. I'm socially inept
    2. Forums give me the opportunity to discuss some interests that aren't shared by those around me IRL
    3. I get the chance to express my ideas, which is far easier for me to do on my own time in writing as opposed to immediately and on-the-spot

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Gives me an opportunity to discuss topics I wouldn't normally discuss with my friends in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Okay, seriously. Interests cause me to use Google. Google leads me to sites where some are forum stye. Forum style means interactive learning which makes it more fun.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Well, I guess I'll share.

I guess it all started when I was 9. Neopets...but hey, I was 9.
    They had a 'boards' thing, and I thought it was cool I could talk to so many different people...and I thought 'Hey, there's probably better ones in other sites' So I found Gaia...yeah.

It was cool then...now it's full of angsty stupid teenagers wanting to sleep with everyone at their school...I either didn't notice it when I was 11, or the site became significantly worse...either way, I just enjoyed talking to such a plethora of people that I didn't have the opportunity to in real life...mostly because I was a social outcast.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm a member here because I like the diversity of discussions, MBTI talk, and the people. I like conversing about specific topics of interest on forums with smart people. It helps me clarify my own ideas and get other perspectives that I might have missed otherwise. Sometimes people are too shy in real life to tell you if their opinion differs from yours, unfortunately. Here, there's no fear and plenty of time to type out a response that represents them pretty well.

Aside from INTP Central, the other forums I'm on are related to a specific interest, like comedy, a favorite band or an instructional/how-to type activity.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Actually....this is the only forum I am a part of.

I kept finding that this forum was coming up under google searches as I researched personality type, and was like, what the hell. Let's interact with some wacked out N's, and maybe the chit chat on here will be cool and help me understand type even better.
    haha, yeah, that's how i ended up here in particular as well^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've been posting on various forums since I was a teen, but lately my posting is focused on MBTI forums. I started doing it to discuss topics I found interesting, and to discuss them in a way I don't often get to discuss them IRL. It would be nice if there was a real life equivalent to forums (as far as the way conversations go), but there doesn't exist one in suburban USA. I also find it a nice way to connect with & meet people I otherwise would not get to encounter IRL. The internet really opens up the world.

When I used to work in an office, I'd kill the slow time by posting on forums....

I also like to hear myself talk (er, read myself write?).

Basically, I just enjoy it and find it mentally stimulating.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like having people I talk about about my interest in psychological types with. I don't know many people out in the real world that share my interest to the extent that I do. Also I'm an introvert so I'm more comfortable sharing myself on forums like this than out in the real world.

I find the forum intellectually stimulating and fun. I belong to other forums but this is the one I've been spending the largest amount of time on lately.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne