User Tag List

View Poll Results: Plastic Surgery, Yes or No?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 44.44%
  • No

30 55.56%
First 34567 Last

Thread: Plastic Surgery

I had my boobs hoisted up after having 3 kids in 4 1/2 years and nursing all of them. Best decision ever!

I'm all for it, though I hate it when people overdo it and look like freaks, but I guess that's their perogative.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I had my boobs hoisted up after having 3 kids in 4 1/2 years and nursing all of them. Best decision ever!

I'm all for it, though I hate it when people overdo it and look like freaks, but I guess that's their perogative.
    I plan on doing the same thing, possibly next year. It won't be obvious but I'll know. I'm nervous however it won't be the first time I've had surgery, but it will be the first cosmetic procedure that I don't actually need.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

I would do it only for reconstructive reasons, in case of an accident or injury. Or if I want to change my identity and live as a fugitive.

I would not want plastic surgery to change my normal physical appearance. I would be ashamed of myself if I were to have plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons. I would consider it to be an insult to myself by myself - the worst kind which I've mulled over, paid money for, and would have to live with for the rest of my life.

I don't think I have the right to think poorly of people who have plastic surgery. Objectively, I wouldn't be judgemental of them. But I'm afraid that somewhere, I would lose some respect for them. I do think that people who go for surgery are insecure of themselves and that they carry baggage. Anyone who would spend so much money, effort, and go through so much pain just so that they can look slightly different when they see themselves in the mirror has some problem. They're bowing down and succumbing to the pressure of the 21st century which suggests that it's imperative to look good, to look flawless all the time, no matter what's in your brain and what you actually do.

(Obviously, I'm referring to those who opt for plastic surgery even though they have no physical deformities)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    If yes, where and why? If no, why not?
    Boobs, nose, birthmarks or anything that looks really, really bad. Like teeth.
    Teeth pointing in all directions is like... It's awful!

Point: If looking like an inbred SOB from the movie "Wrong Turn", call the surgeon

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Boobs, nose, birthmarks or anything that looks really, really bad. Like teeth.
    Teeth pointing in all directions is like... It's awful!

I thought people used braces to re-align teeth. Is plastic surgery used these days?

MBTI
    INTJ

If it makes you happy, do it.

Naturalism doesn't exist anyway.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by edel weiss View Post
    I thought people used braces to re-align teeth. Is plastic surgery used these days?
    I'm talking about:

Or:

Or:

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ

TWEEZER EMERGENCY
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I voted before I read the OP. I voted "yes" but I meant that I don't care if a person wants a minor operation done if they've lived self-consciously with something that can easily be "fixed", helping them to feel better with their self image. Blah, blah, blah, I know people say "you shouldn't care, it's what's on the inside that counts." That may be true but, we all deal with superficial insecurities and I won't look down on another for taking action through whatever means if it can help them operate in life with more confidence.

Those that are obsessed with plastic surgery and their looks... That's an entirely different tale.
    Absolutely. This is how I feel.

I'm not sure why everyone's assuming that wanting to fix something that's made you self-conscious all your life = having horrendous issues that will harm every other area of your life, making you superficial and unfit to date. That's a pretty big leap. I also don't understand thinking less of a friend because you found out she had her nose or her boobs done. It seems a bit like snobbery to me.
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I'm talking about:

(unspeakable horror)