User Tag List

View Poll Results: Plastic Surgery, Yes or No?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 44.44%
  • No

30 55.56%
First 12345 Last

Thread: Plastic Surgery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    ...but how would we be able to tell him and Janet apart?
    She can bench press more than he can?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I'll say this: I think performing surgery on plastic would carry much less risk than performing surgery on a human being.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    If yes, where and why? If no, why not?
    No. Just because.

MBTI
    WOLF

Yes. I don't see what is wrong with having something done. I'm quite sure it's a route I'll take myself some day. I just cannot see why one 'should' be satisfied when there's room for improvement. If you were unlucky with your place in the gene pool, there is no reason not to change that if you can afford it. If it doesn't go well...that's the risk you take. It's a decision any individual is allowed to take if they want. I don't get the social stigma of plastic surgery - for me it's just about levelling the playing field so everybody has a chance. I happen to like how I look now - I want to preserve that. If I didn't, I'd be saving every penny to be able to make my exterior match my soul. I don't understand how it can be wrong to look how you'd like to look.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius wanted plastic surgery up until last year, as he fancied Erketu Ellisoni. She explained to Flacarius her parents would never let her date a therizinosaurian. She also told Falcarius she would not date him as his neck was too small. So Falcarius wanted plastic surgery, as he could not naturally have a extremely long neck, as he is not a sauropod. Falcarius found out he could not have it done on health insurance, so he had to save up. By the time Falcarius saved up the money for the plastic surgery, Erketu had fell in love with Argentinosaurus. Falcarius was heartbroken, as he could not compete with a passionate sexy South American sauropod.

Falcarius realised he needs to be more assertive if anyone is ever going to love him. He learnt the hard way, that if a female does not love him for what he is, it will not work out. He now promises himself to never change himself for any female dinosaur, no matter how good looking she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFP

People from my grade school can still recognize me. For me, I have no intentions of changing anything about myself EXCEPT maybe for Lasik one day, however that's highly doubtful. Other than that, I am growing older gracefully (and am happy to go gray and everything).

If people can't handle seeing me age gracefully and would rather me be something that I am not, than they should not look in my direction.
    Last edited by Sandy; 01-19-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: grammar
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ESFJ

I would get liposuction and possibly electrolysis for a couple of areas. I'm male, so there aren't as many procedures I'd think were worth doing. I guess I'd get my hairline done later in life, too, if necessary. I have a big forehead as it is. If I start losing my hair significantly, I'd probably want to do something about it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I've thought about purely for the sake of hypothosis. I've never entertained the idea of doing it. I'm against cosmetic surgery. It's too expensive, and too creepy. Not often that good looking.

And the risk is too high. Now, you might point to some statistics that show the rate of death or serious injury is really low, but I know that. My feeling is this: When a woman dies during a breast augmentation procedure, she is giving up her life for big boobs, and she will now have the legacy of dying while getting a boob job. That is not worth the risk.
    It's a matter of philosophy.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

I wouldn't want anyone changing my body. My body is my temple. I work for my results, and that is what makes the results so satisfying! And my flaws are me. Take away my flaws and you still have me, so why take away the flaws? Why alter the -- to borrow from CC in a recent post of hers -- imperfect perfection? Take me as I am.. Love myself in all my imperfection, because a body is a vessel, and to be too caught up in the vessel itself is to miss out on the journey.

/mystic babbling

Enneagram
    1w2

Threads merged and moved to Bonfire.