User Tag List

First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

It does seem a heck of a coincidence that you started this thread at around the same time as I started this one.

As for water, I will forever appreciate that amazing nonflammable solvent and coolant known as water, except for days where it is raining or snowing, and windy and cold, where those amazing heat storage and adhesion properties of water become a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    It does seem a heck of a coincidence that you started this thread at around the same time as I started this one.

As for water, I will forever appreciate that amazing nonflammable solvent and coolant known as water, except for days where it is raining or snowing, and windy and cold, where those amazing heat storage and adhesion properties of water become a problem.
    No. I started mine much later.

I also, did after I had woken up because I was thirsty. I didn't realize there was one already.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    No. I started mine much later.

I also, did after I had woken up because I was thirsty. I didn't realize there was one already.
    My post was meant ot be silly, for some reason I didn't add smilies.

As for water, how could we make water guns without it?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I appreciate that I can ask people if they would drink "dihydrogen oxide," and watch them ponder it for a moment, and then feel silly when I tell them it's water.
    You feel silly, or they feel silly? Becuase I don't think I could ask someone whether they'd drink "dihydrogen oxide" without feeling silly myself.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    You feel silly, or they feel silly? Becuase I don't think I could ask someone whether they'd drink "dihydrogen oxide" without feeling silly myself.
    A little of both, actually. They feel odd for not knowing what it was, and I'm usually in a joking mood when I ask them. I mean, it just seems so funny that something as common as water has a chemical name that would confuse most people, even though they usually know what H2O is.

MBTI
    istp

water is awesome. just remember that most drinks are 99%+ water before you go touting people for drinking gatorade and soda. the sodium won't help your thirst, but you're still getting hydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    This topic reminds me of the Ban Dihydrogen Oxide thing that was going around years ago.
    I remember that. i dont see how people mis-understanding something that was purposefully communicated in an obscure manner is funny

H20 is the one of the two liquids that ever pass through my throat (the other is coffee, in case you are wondering).
    And I like the fact I have drinking water in my house (I am lazy - also I've been in a country where this wasn't that usual).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    It's my very favourite drink

Technically, pure H2O is supposed to be taste-less. I've always wondered what it would be like to drink something that has no taste
    While the water is tasteless, and you can drink 100% pure H2O, you'd still be able to taste something, only you'd be tasting whatever was in your mouth at the time as it'd mix with the water, therefore instantly "polluting" it so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    I remember that. i dont see how people mis-understanding something that was purposefully communicating in an obscure manner is funny
    I find it funny only for the reactions people had when they found out. I also find it sad however as it just goes to prove that all you need to do is leave out specific information and you can get people to agree to or sign just about anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    H2O is awesome.

This is fact.

The best compound by a magnitude of 10 at the minimum.

But sometimes we forget this. We get caught up in dealings with inferior substances: non-H2O stuff of lesser importance, dealings with volitile substances or whatnot.

So in addition to being the life giving substance(you're welcome), what other ways do you appreciate the greatest of compounds, H2O?
    I like swimming in it!