User Tag List

View Poll Results: What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

2 3.57%
  • ESFJ

1 1.79%
  • ENFJ

2 3.57%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESFP

1 1.79%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ENFP

2 3.57%
  • INFP

26 46.43%
  • ISFP

4 7.14%
  • INTP

6 10.71%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

2 3.57%
  • INFJ

7 12.50%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

3 5.36%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?

And why?
    Based on your observations, experience, theory, etc.
    You can define "hardest" however you like.

EDIT: Poll now added.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 08-25-2010 at 06:39 PM.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

xNFP. That Ne and Fi combination is a killer. Idealizing people and ideas, you throw yourself into it/them, ideal comes crashing down (Ne), pain, pain, and more pain (Fi). There's a reason why INFPs are called healers and it's not because some magic pixie fairy came and granted us powers. We just know pain very very well and can recognize it immediately in other people. And that recognition combined with understanding is what does the actual healing IMO.

This is tough to say, of course, without actually having been other types. But yeah, xNFP.

INFP, INTP, ISFJ

ISFJ: I know a few ISFJs. Many of them are indeed very serious and traditional (and here is where we most seem to clash), but beneath the exterior is so much sensitivity and earnest desire to do the right thing [primarily in an interpersonal context, of course]. They are considerate to an almost painful degree, tend to be very passive, and often internalize the atmospheric vibe to the extent that it's almost inseparable from their own feelings. I have no idea how accurate this is, but I imagine that when stressed or unhealthy, an ISFJ would be prone to paralleling their level of self-esteem to the state/quality of their relationships. Difficult. The simple truth is that a great amount of people are jerks. There are plenty of predatory folks who will attempt to use the ISFJ. There are more who will underappreciate him/her in accordance with our society's underappreciation of sensitivity. Tireless workers though they are, I see them fight off these types of troubles quite often. It looks difficult. I wish I could do more to help them relax.

INFP: Fi can be relentless. At the worst, it can be hypercritical, perfectionist, and highly self-judgmental. The INFP holds him/herself to such high standards. When used negatively, Ne's penchant for imagining such a wide array of what could be can be dreadful when combined with Fi high values, but even more nightmarish if tertiary Si makes a point of keeping track of the moments wherein the INFP failed to measure up, only to keep reviewing them for painful comparison. The introspective nature makes them very aware of their strengths, but also their flaws. It also makes it not enough for INFPs to be satisfied with simply living; there has to be more. Continually pondering on and striving for deeper meaning and significance can lead to great dismay in the current state of the world. I can see a higher predisposition to existential depression. INFPs tend to have lovely hearts, but I think a major part of this is due to their intimate acquaintance with the more painful aspects of the human condition. Similar to all Fs, INFPs can also have to guard against others due to their sensitivity. Especially so for males.

INTP: I have very little idea of what it's like to see the world through an INTP lense. I choose this type because from at least a hypothetical viewpoint, it seems as if it would be. NTs in general have a high need for knowledge and competence, and a low tolerance for ignorance and incompetence. I can imagine myself seeing something very ignorant, and to experience it as an INTP I suppose I would multiply my feelings about it by about 200 . After a few days, it would certainly, thoroughly suck. Adding to that, American INTPs are ever-questioning in a world that more highly values obedience, rebellious in a world that more highly values tradition, not so socially warm or sympathetic in a world that places a high importance upon social ritual and networking, and highly abstract in a world that more typically values the concrete. These factors would be doubly troublesome when considering an adolescent or female INTP. Fortunately, a good majority of INTPs seem not to care about majority opinion at all.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It seems a couple of the types have a reputation for "putting on a face" around certain people - Or constantly acting how those around them will respond most positively to. I know there was a thread in the NT forums about this recently. I've seen ENTJs do it first hand, and I think ENFJs have a knack for it as well.

Really, any of the types that constantly fake their personality, mood, etc in order to either be charming or manipulate people... It just seems SO exhausting. It's so much simpler to just say and act how you really are.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

INFP
    Unconventional and yet sensitive to criticism and conflict. That is a tough combo. Conversely I would say ESTJ (the opposite type) is most likely to fit in with society's values. Of course my experience is living in the US. Other types may have it harder depending on what society they live in.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think being INTP is pretty hard in the early stages of life, puberty and adolescence. But it gets so much better after that though. It's more just a phase we struggle through.

I think xNFP is pretty hard because their cognative functions are probably hardest to control. And if the external world they live in doesn't match their ideals even a bit, it's bound to clash from time to time. Together with their perceiving nature, they rely greatly upon the world around them and not on themselves.

It seems as though, where xntp's can reach some form of conclusion about their lives and be able to settle with it in some sense from within themselves, regardless of the external situation they are in. xnfp's seem to reach for a conclusion but can only attain it if their external world conforms to their ideals.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

depends really on how you mean it...like being an istj must be hard...in a way...being so capable and feeling like no one else in the world was...that's a lot of weight to carry around...being inxp could be tricky because i think both types are so lost inside their own world of ideas that the world outside might feel like a nuisance...being an xsfj is probably hard...waking up every day with that need to take care of everything...and do it all perfectly....

okay i'm bored now.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    You can define "hardest" however you like.
    2 easy
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I like how this topic isn't turning into a simple "Which type is absolutely the hardest." but instead into a "What perspectives to types have about the situation other types seem to regularly deal with.".

I suppose it's fairly simple, for an INTP that attaches most value to Ti, the types furthest from that cognative function would be hardest to be.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    2 easy
    Nice one.