User Tag List

View Poll Results: What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

2 3.57%
  • ESFJ

1 1.79%
  • ENFJ

2 3.57%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ESFP

1 1.79%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ENFP

2 3.57%
  • INFP

26 46.43%
  • ISFP

4 7.14%
  • INTP

6 10.71%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

2 3.57%
  • INFJ

7 12.50%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

3 5.36%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Would you care to explain?
    I think Fi is arguably the most subjective function, being introverted, judging and value-oriented. Everything is related back to the self to understand it.
    Se is arguably the most objective function, as it's perspective is centered on concrete objects which exist outside itself, without attaching any judgment to it, as it's a perceiving function. It's just one way of looking at the relationship between functions, and in the ISFP, it can make them painfully aware of how the external world does not meet their internal idealistic model.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I am not voting any type.
    I think life circumstances will greatly vary the hardship a type experiences.

INFPs grow to adapt as much as they can while still nurturing what is true and important to them. And that is enough for me. What moves me, others walk right by. Yes, it is hard but who said I have stopped learning?

MBTI
    INFP

I can't decide if that result is depressing or consoling.

Both?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I am not voting any type.
    I think life circumstances will greatly vary the hardship a type experiences.
    Yeah. I don't think I can pick one either. Obviously anyone can have a difficult time in life.

If your personality type makes life more difficult, it's usually because of a mismatch between who you are and what is expected or valued in your social environment. This happens more with less common types, or for those with traits that oppose what society admires or expects (which is why a lot of people are mentioning NFs, introverts, and Fi users). But it's possible for any type to experience that. An ExxP kid that grows up in a family of IxxJs and goes to a school that expects quiet and conservative behaviour might end up feeling just as misunderstood and devalued. So can people who end up in careers or social circles made up of dissimilar types.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think Fi is arguably the most subjective function, being introverted, judging and value-oriented. Everything is related back to the self to understand it.
    Se is arguably the most objective function, as it's perspective is centered on concrete objects which exist outside itself, without attaching any judgment to it, as it's a perceiving function. It's just one way of looking at the relationship between functions, and in the ISFP, it can make them painfully aware of how the external world does not meet their internal idealistic model.
    This makes me wonder how many "infps" are actually isfps' on personality forums.

Usually there will be a handful of infps' who beat down on other infps' for being so idealistic. I used to think that was the effect of Te, but I'm thinking that maybe it's simply their Se coming at odds with the Ne of the actual infps'. I notice that there are a fair few really blunt "infps" and that bluntness I think is a communication style more penchant to Se users, and specifically isfps'. I just notice that isfps' can be very very blunt and straightfoward.

I also notice that sometimes when I try to console a supposed infp on a personality forum, and I give them options and potentials, some will often not see or not want to contemplate them at all. I used to think this was just the ego fi trap a lot of infps' seem to fall into, but I think that it's more likely they are actually isfps'.

Unrelated point:
    I actually think Fi-Se is a really truly awesome combination... I wish I had me some Se

MBTI
    ISFJ

How about unhealthy ENFP?

Go on, try it.

MBTI
    INTP

Not surprisingly, everyone chooses INFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I didn't, but it was the first type that came to mind. The most resiliant, toughest type on avererage will yield the toughest one. ESTPs, ESFPs, ESTJs, ENTJs, ISTPs. Those are the types I would deem tough (ie. if you poke an average ESTP with a verbal stick you'll get it shoved where the sun don't shine)
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTJ

I'd say an INFP is probably the hardest, especially INFP guys.

*Laughing at the ISTJs got it hard*- the last thing I want to be is so rigid and regimented all the time. I think yous have it all wrong! I like some order and structure, but don't live and die by it. If anything a balanced SJ will be okay wherever they find themselves. They'll respectfully learn how it works first, then figure out how to put their own spin on it.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

I actually think that as an nf, you are given the opportunity to deal with the whole spectrum of life, for dominant feelers in particular, you have to find a way to deal with deep and intense emotions and conflicting feelings you have to weigh constantly. As a result, you have to become a very strong person... dealing with both the internal and external world.

You might say that the function most at odds with reality is Fi, so fi-doms spend their lifetimes negotiating their existance in reality. But I would consider myself someone who has had to deal with so much in my personal realm, I'm equipped to deal with many things that tip most people off kilter, because they've never experienced, or very rarely experience what it's like to have something occur to them which hits them hard.

So I think nfs' are really equipped with many tools and capacities to deal with many things, because we had to learn how to get through life being sensitive.

Emotions don't confuse, scare or control me. I have learned that I have the capacity to move through negative emotions and experiences. I don't run from anything; including what I feel. How many t's can say that?

I think I voted intj (particularly unhealthy 5s') but intps' (especially the 4w5 and 5w4s') and isfjs' come in at a close second.

Intjs' may get respect on here, and people automatically assume their authority... but most people in everyday life think they are weird, and Ni can sometimes be a barrier between them and reality/people. They can be trapped in their ways and realise things too late.

I have seen many intp 5w4s' run away from their depression and negative emotions for so long, they spiralled very far down, and could not confront what they needed to do for a very long time.

I have also seen a few isfjs' become consumed by negativity and fatalism.