User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

only if i were a vampire otherwise the immortality would be weird!
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I wouldn't like to live anymore when the rest of the world had vanished, so that would be a "no".
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm really enjoying the comments people made so far.

On one hand, the idea is immensely appealing to me. Think about all the things I could do, all the things I could learn!

On the other hand, the idea of living forever makes me very uneasy. After awhile, you might start to feel like you've exhausted your options leaving you bored and restless. Then what? Permanent boredom would be hell. On the other hand, there are some things I love about life that I don't think I could ever get tired of. Like my favorite foods or certain music.

It would also be awkward if only you lived forever but no one else did. To see all your loved ones pass away eventually. Of course, you could just establish new relationships but the cycle of gaining and losing would never end.

And what if you never died but you kept aging? What if you are in an old and senile state forever? Alive but kind of helpless and dependent on others for everything? What kind of a life is that? If that's the case, I think I'd rather just die naturally.

On the other hand, if you could always 'stay' a certain age like 25 (or the age of your choice) it would be appealing.

So I don't know if I could make the choice or not. What would be appealing is a longer lifespan. Living to be 80 or so doesn't seem nearly long enough to do what I want to do.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP

No. There have been times in this last year when I was certain that I had already been here too long - but that final act was not one that fits my belief system in any approved way, it was not up to me. So... I am still here, and slowly becoming more grateful that I am still here.

For the idea of living forever to be remotely appealing it would have to apply to everyone and I would be supreme dictator of the world. Only then might it be bearable. Maybe. I still doubt it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    I'm really enjoying the comments people made so far.

On one hand, the idea is immensely appealing to me. Think about all the things I could do, all the things I could learn!

On the other hand, the idea of living forever makes me very uneasy. After awhile, you might start to feel like you've exhausted your options leaving you bored and restless. Then what? Permanent boredom would be hell. On the other hand, there are some things I love about life that I don't think I could ever get tired of. Like my favorite foods or certain music.

That's what I feel- knowledge is infinite, and if we were too, it would never get boring. With all the time in the world, you wouldn't have to rush to do anything. You could enjoy and get knee deep into whatever it was. "It could wait until tomorrow" wouldn't mean much to anyone.