User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like birthdays/getting older?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I like it.

22 33.85%
  • No. I dislike it.

26 40.00%
  • Neutral/apathetic.

17 26.15%
First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think 27 is a good place to stop...at least until you're done having irresponsible style fun.
    dammit... I'm 27 and was just ranting about the horrors of having to live a responsible lifestyle :steam:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you're right i guess but i'm think certain fun things were more fun in your early 20's but really i care not...bring it on...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... I think I had more fun as a party animal and outdoors sports enthusiast at the age of 23 or 24 than I do now... but then again, my knee sucks and I got bored with the party scene
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I like the idea that this bag of bones will grow old and I will die. Leaving only the memories, feelings, and ideas behind in the minds of people. To me that is real, a real legacy of the dumb stuff I shared with others.

How far can what you do live on? To me that is the real infinity.

figsfiggyfigs

^ ya I'd like to know too!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think 27 is a good place to stop...at least until you're done having irresponsible style fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    dammit... I'm 27 and was just ranting about the horrors of having to live a responsible lifestyle :steam:
    I guess I missed the memo. I was married with three kids at 27.

Of course the good part is that my youngest child is in his last year of elementary, so I have a lot of comparatively irresponsible years yet ahead.

Edit: To go along with my future plans of being an old lady with long hair in a bun, I've stopped coloring my hair and am growing my bangs out. I'm going to look like such a hippy.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*pictures cafe in a bright print dress with a bun and is delighted*

and on that note, my parents seem to have so much more fun since my sis and I left home... they're always out hiking, skiing, snow mobiling, they went to europe and are always spending the weekend in the cabin... it's like they're HAPPY that we left or something

and we bought a house last fall and have to suffer the joys of home ownership, compromising between people's homes on holidays, entertaining family and working jobs and paying bills and such... dude, I'm too young for all of that responsibility (thankfully the man is a responsible and organized type!)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

*pictures cafe in a bright print dress with a bun and is delighted*

Don't know about the pink, but . . .

and on that note, my parents seem to have so much more fun since my sis and I left home... they're always out hiking, skiing, snow mobiling, they went to europe and are always spending the weekend in the cabin... it's like they're HAPPY that we left or something
    When my kids were all potty trained, out of car seats, and started in school I felt like I'd been paroled. Freaking out a bit about the oldest going to college next fall, though. :horor:
    and we bought a house last fall and have to suffer the joys of home ownership, compromising between people's homes on holidays, entertaining family and working jobs and paying bills and such... dude, I'm too young for all of that responsibility (thankfully the man is a responsible and organized type!)
    That is a very lucky thing indeed and even though all that stuff is a pain in the bum, it is, IMO, it's what cements a compatible couple into solid unit. I bet your parents are so proud and that is what allows them to have a good time in their empty nest. They don't have to worry about you because you're doing great.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    To go along with my future plans of being an old lady with long hair in a bun, I've stopped coloring my hair and am growing my bangs out. I'm going to look like such a hippy.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I guess I missed the memo. I was married with three kids at 27.

Of course the good part is that my youngest child is in his last year of elementary, so I have a lot of comparatively irresponsible years yet ahead.

Edit: To go along with my future plans of being an old lady with long hair in a bun, I've stopped coloring my hair and am growing my bangs out. I'm going to look like such a hippy.
    <------ first wth is that?!

2nd...oh silly cafe i was talking about me! i would've liked to hit pause at 26/27 for a bit that's all but i'm cool with whatever...i like all the different stages in life. it's all good stuff.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison