User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like birthdays/getting older?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I like it.

22 33.85%
  • No. I dislike it.

26 40.00%
  • Neutral/apathetic.

17 26.15%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I don't mind because I'm strikingly handsome, don't want to die though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am noticing my joints sometimes want to get stupid on me if I try to do things like climb in a car window, but otherwise I don't mind getting older. In fact, I'm enjoying it more than I expected.

Turned forty earlier this moth, FWIW.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

currently neutral, but every year I start to get more restless, feel like I should be doing something different or experiencing life differently but I don't.

I see how in some ways this is a bad attitude but incrementally it seems like life gets more disappointing and less hopeful. Like looking ahead I'll have to settle on some lame job most likely, not find the significant other I want or even one at all, probably hit a mid-life crisis or something too, haha. Trying to be more positive though, but just from looking at it like I'm an apple falling from a tree...I look back up at the tree and get the impression like things could be better but probably won't be.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'm a late bloomer and I am still growing and glowing! I feel creative and strong and have decided that age is just a number. I'm a volunteer at a nursing home, and I have met some incredible elderly people there. They are inspirations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Overall, definitely. I'm a late bloomer, and I feel like I'm just now getting to the place where I want to be. I feel like I'll just keep improving, and continuing to "get" things I didn't get before. My thirties have been the best time of my life so far. My twenties were kind of angsty, but necessary.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Well, right now I want to be two years older to drink and gamble my life away legally, because this country is retarded in thinking that 21 is a good age for that, but at 18 you're responsible enough to kill someone at war for your country.

Other than that, no. I don't like getting older, because it seems to be more and more depressing and way more boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Overall, definitely. I'm a late bloomer, and I feel like I'm just now getting to the place where I want to be. I feel like I'll just keep improving, and continuing to "get" things I didn't get before. My thirties have been the best time of my life so far. My twenties were kind of angsty, but necessary.
    Yeah I relate to your post, Tallulah. I feel like a late bloomer in many ways too.

I'm finally beginning to feel confident in my ‘form’, who I am, and to feel like I can understand things and impact my life and surroundings. I didn’t really ever have a sense of who I was or what I wanted or how things fit together really, but it has crept in quietly in recent years. I love it, and feel pretty satisfied and calmly expectant for what the future - each day even - will bring. Obviously there are ups and downs, but I guess that’s how I feel overall right now, at least.

It probably sounds cheesy, but I love growing as a person, and that takes time.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ

Don't mind it.

I'm 32 and besides some my hair and 6pack disappearing, I'm okay.

If I had to hit the stop button, I'd do it at 26-28.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I don't mind because I'm strikingly handsome, don't want to die though.
    Just kidding, it sucks because the years seem to go so much faster. Childhood in hindsight seemed like a lifetime, but the last 10 years seems like 1 year. Hopefully I end up like my Grandfather who has a sense of humor about being old, he cracks jokes all the time about how he could die at any moment or how everyday is a good day because he woke up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I have met some incredible elderly people there.
    I really enjoy talking to elderly people as well, it's too bad they are sort of cast aside and confined to interact with only other seniors, I hear their suicide rates are high.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Well, right now I want to be two years older to drink and gamble my life away legally, because this country is retarded in thinking that 21 is a good age for that, but at 18 you're responsible enough to kill someone at war for your country.

Other than that, no. I don't like getting older, because it seems to be more and more depressing and way more boring.
    you can drink now, just make friends with older people or get a fake I drank in highschool well before I was 21. never was into gambling though

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    I liked getting older up until now... but I turn 30 in 6 months and I'm not sure I'll like it as much after that.
    Candy doesnt taste as good anymore as Bart says about being ten.