Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    JAVO = Just Another Vulcan Observer (my adaptation of Just Another F****** Observer)
    Chosen because at the time, I was a fan of the Java programming language, and I just intended to observe with minimal interaction.

Thanks for sparing us from laughing too hard, humor tease!
    Haha I've almost called you java and java script before as nicknames but refrained for fear of being to bizarre

These are some good background stories!

Mine is part of my email address. I wanted to use my name, Nicole, when I was making a gmail account, but like all variations of my name were taken so I gave it a Spanish diminutive since I have Latina love in my heart. I tend to have the same couple usernames on all Internet things. I recently remembered a good one that I kinda wish I'd used, but whatever. Maybe one day when I'm feeling too feminized or something, haha.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Haha I've almost called you java and java script before as nicknames but refrained for fear of being to bizarre
    That's funny that you thought of that! And don't forget "Java Man".

I've been called much, much worse .

Two words randomly chosen out of the dictionary. I thought it was funny what the words ended up being, because I'm a big fan of trading stocks, and the username could potential be related to that (with cap representing market cap).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It was originally a name meant for online role playing games. If I recall correctly, I first wanted to come up out with a new name out of Ramsés, but I didn't want it to look 'outdated', and I wanted it smooth to read.

We don't use 'y' in Portuguese, and names with y sounds pretty stylish to me. In the end, I came up with Rasofy.

My real name is far too common in my country, and I used to hate that. It was very rare for me to be part of a class in which there wasn't at least another classmate with the same first name, and I've already been in classes with 2 other people with the same first name. And there's no such thing as calling people using their last names here.

In RPGs, otoh, I had an exclusive name for me, which was an amazing experience. Not only I was able to have a cool name, but I also didn't have to keep wondering whether I'm the one being called. How awesome is that?

I came up with a lot of names, but this one was more special because it had the least trackable origins.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Indy Anna Joan was my cats name. I adopted her during a week when my boyfriend and I were marathoning the Indiana Jones movies. And she seemed like an adventurous kitten. So we rolled with it and gave her the female equivalent. I fell in love with that cat and the name.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Two words randomly chosen out of the dictionary. I thought it was funny what the words ended up being, because I'm a big fan of trading stocks, and the username could potential be related to that (with cap representing market cap).
    Crazy! What a creative way to pick a username. Do you pick random words out of the dictionary for other purposes or just for fun ever? I think I'm going to give it a go some time

@Rasofy, I appreciate your quest for a unique name. Moreover, I think you've succeeded. You should have your friends start calling you by it!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Coincidentally, all my friends joke about me basically being a girl.
    NFP guys are basically chicks in men's bodies j/k

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    don't worry about it. the search function here is basically useless.
    I've noticed that problem with other vbulletin-based forums.

I find it's more effective to google search the topic followed by the forum name.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    My real name is far too common in my country, and I used to hate that. It was very rare for me to be part of a class in which there wasn't at least another classmate with the same first name, and I've already been in classes with 2 other people with the same first name. And there's no such thing as calling people using their last names here.

In RPGs, otoh, I had an exclusive name for me, which was an amazing experience. Not only I was able to have a cool name, but I also didn't have to keep wondering whether I'm the one being called. How awesome is that?
    I can sympathise with this. Though my first name is not that common, I still hate it, and enjoy getting to choose my own name on RPGs and forums. I've been called by my old forum name in person a few times, by people I met through the forum, and it was . . . different, in the best sense.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    I've noticed that problem with other vbulletin-based forums.

I find it's more effective to google search the topic followed by the forum name.
    Yeah, I've noticed that too.

The funniest were when I'd Google some type-related matter and just click through one of the first links and realize I had gotten to this site. Once I remember doing that, reading the post, found the content kind of familiar... then realize I had made the post a few years ago. Weird.

Even the e-mail search in vBull was pretty horrid until two years ago or something, and it's still not great.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft