User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jennifer: ... cuz that's what people call me.

(I usually go by the name Jennywocky elsewhere, though... a play off my name mixed with the title of the Lewis Carroll poem. I just stuck with my real name here because it's what people are used to and it probably leaves me sounding more accessible.)

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I am immortal. Born in the Highlands of Scotland four hundred years ago, I am not alone. There are others like me - some good, some evil. For centuries, I have battled the forces of darkness, with Holy Ground my only refuge. I cannot die, unless you take my head, and with it, my power. In the end, there can be only one. I am Duncan MacLeod, the Highlander.
    You really have a lot of demands for ending a friendship.
    Usually I only need to stop calling someone; now I have to own an array of ginsu cutlery.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

To me entropy is the most fascinating state variable there is in physics, since I signed up on this site as an entj the letter pun with entp wasnt even intended. But here's a good reflection of my life, no matter what I do, things always tend to fall in place and achieve a kind of symmetry that's the way I perceive life as a billion of cogs turning, operating in symmetry and harmony. By the time I signed up, the name was the physical reflection of intuition to me.

I always hoped someone would notice the romantic notion that entropy means every closed and chaotic system wants to achieve the state of harmony and symmetry and would attribute that to me, but its like it is with many things going on in my mind: they are only in my mind
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I love travel writing and am a particularly big fan of the English writer and world traveller Colin Thubron. One of my favourite books by him is called Shadow of the Silk Road. It's also a part of the world I'd very much like to visit (central Asia).
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

The name derives from Greek (Greek: Νικόδημος) and means 'victory of the people'.

NPcomplete

Mine has nothing to do with the book.

At some point in my early teenage years, I got really interested in the story of the alchemists' quest to find the Philosophical Stone. Eventually, my interest in the alchemists waned but I was still on my quest to find The Truth so the name stuck. I also like chemistry.

Riva

The 1st 3 letters of the user name are the 3 letters of my real name, and the 4th letter has been substituted by an 'a' instead of an 'i'.

It was my high school nickname.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Hm. Name means what it says; I like to wander. I'll pick a direction and just start walking, changing direction as I see things that interest me.

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's quite interesting to see how posters got their nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Hm. Name means what it says; I like to wander. I'll pick a direction and just start walking, changing direction as I see things that interest me.
    Is your avatar from Visionaire?

Diving into Ni-space Crescent Fresh's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I dunno, i hit my head on keyboard twice and these are just the random letters i got as a result
    What does the symbol mean between your username and your avatar? What is it anyway?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Crescent Fresh View Post
    What does the symbol mean between your username and your avatar? What is it anyway?
    Its AUM/OM

AUM consists of three phonemes A, U, and M. AUM represents the Hindu Trimurtior Trinity-A: Brahma representing the principle of creation, U: Vishnu, the principle of sustenance,M: Mahesh or Shiva-the principle of dissolution for further creation. AUM also represents the three Goddesses or forms of Shakti-energy associated with the Trimurti. AUM represents three Gunas, attributes: Sattvika-light, purity and serenity, Rajasika-activity, heat and fire, and Tamasik-dullness, darkness and ignorance. It also represents the three stages of existence: birth, life and death.

AUM symbolizes the manifestation of the formless Absolute Reality,Brahman, in form and sound. AUM symbolizes the oneness in the multiplicity of existence. AUM represents the triple appellation of the Brahman- that is beyond the beyond - beyond time, space and causation.

AUM is used as a mantra by itself. It is called Bija (seed) or Moola (root) mantra. AUM represents four states of consciousness: A-Jagruti (wakefulness), U-Swapna(dreaming),M-Sushupti(deep sleep) and Silence-Turiya- the Fourth (transcendental state of consciousness).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read