User Tag List

First 456

Results 51 to 59 of 59

  1. #51
    Mamma said knock you out Mempy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,226

    Default



    Forget you all.

    *throws her score to the wind*

    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

  2. #52
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I had Slovenia as one of the ones that I spelled right!

    Morrocco was a different storry though I still have no clue how it's spelled! also misspelled- Egypt (not Egipt!), Kazahkstan, Papau New Guinea, Belgium, United Kingdom, and Libya (not to mention all the other stans with exception of Pakistan and many countries in Northern Africa and Eastern Europe :sad Bizarely though, I spelled Myanmar correctly
    Congrats.

    By the way.. It's Burma.

  3. #53
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Congrats.

    By the way.. It's Burma.

    It didn't accept Burma, so I had to type Myanmar.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  4. #54
    Senior Member Snowey1210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    141

    Default

    I only got to 45. I couldn't type them in quick enough!

  5. #55
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It didn't accept Burma, so I had to type Myanmar.
    A shame. Not your fault. However the name is Burma.
    Myanmar is one of those countless loony "innovations" of the crazy Junta.
    They will be gone one day. And the day it happens "Myanmar" will be Burma again.

  6. #56
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A shame. Not your fault. However the name is Burma.
    Myanmar is one of those countless loony "innovations" of the crazy Junta.
    They will be gone one day. And the day it happens "Myanmar" will be Burma again.
    Well, I do believe Burma is a European name. It's not native.
    Just like how Persia became Iran. The natives said they where tired of being addressed that way, and asked that everyone call them by their own name, which was Iran.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #57
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, I do believe Burma is a European name. It's not native.
    Just like how Persia became Iran. The natives said they where tired of being addressed that way, and asked that everyone call them by their own name, which was Iran.
    That is kind of funny. The Iranians are another people. They live North of Persia. Iranian was the Lingua Franca of the area. The Persians are not much of the Iranian stock. For the most part they are descendants of the Elamites.
    When they adopted Parsa (an Iranian dialect) they became Persians.

  8. #58
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    It's funny how it's become 'politically correct' to name these countries by their 'native' names, so the names keep changing.

    But we don't have to call Germany 'Deutschland' or Finland 'Suomi', and is anybody really bothered by that?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

  9. #59
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    It's funny how it's become 'politically correct' to name these countries by their 'native' names, so the names keep changing.

    But we don't have to call Germany 'Deutschland' or Finland 'Suomi', and is anybody really bothered by that?
    Napoleon created Suomi and later Bismarck created Deutschland.
    Unnecessary and recent discoveries.

    Most names are conflicting and confusing. Outside that, they have little to do with anything.

    Deutsch is the language of the people. Finland is the name for the abode of the Lapps.

    Is it politically correct to call Russia by the name for the Swedes? Russia does not seem to mind.

Similar Threads

  1. How many WPM can you type?
    By themightyfetus in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-02-2015, 03:58 PM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM
  3. In how many ways can I say hello?
    By neptunesnet in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
  4. How many fights have you been in?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO