User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Life Changing Moments

Can you look back on your life and say there were some moments where things drastically changed? An unexpected loss or gain? An epiphany? A conversation? A book you read? A movie you saw?

How did things change for you?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I remember the exact decision that changed my life. I remember everything from what I was wearing to what the other person was wearing, what song was playing on the radio, what the weather was like.

My whole entire life changed from that decision. In the long haul, it was the right decision. But at times, I wish I hadn't been so hasty about it. It's not in my nature to regret, but when I'm feeling sad and nostalgic, I wonder what if...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Let's see...

When I got a car.
    Discovering that there is a religion/philosophical belief that actually resonates with me.
    When I got to living on my own.
    When I discovered typology.

Hmm. Not so sure about any media (books movies etc) that's changed me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Well, I'd say my #1 life-changing moment was the first time I listened to Pink Floyd's The Wall all the way through. It is actually what I would consider the defining moment of my life so far, beginning the process that would shape me into just about everything I am today. It's what caused me to begin learning how to play guitar and is what really started my interest in musical and, in its own way, more intellectual pursuits.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

For me, experimenting with psychedelics in college had a big influence on me. I didn't do much, but the experiences were profound and changed the way I understood people, struggle, peace, and religion. I'm still exploring and integrating that information into my daily life. I'm very grateful for it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I remember the exact decision that changed my life. I remember everything from what I was wearing to what the other person was wearing, what song was playing on the radio, what the weather was like.

My whole entire life changed from that decision. In the long haul, it was the right decision. But at times, I wish I hadn't been so hasty about it. It's not in my nature to regret, but when I'm feeling sad and nostalgic, I wonder what if...
    Is it too personal to share?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Discovering that there is a religion/philosophical belief that actually resonates with me.
    When I discovered typology.
    Which philosophical system?

Discovering typology is a good one.
    How did it change things for you?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Well, I'd say my #1 life-changing moment was the first time I listened to Pink Floyd's The Wall all the way through. It is actually what I would consider the defining moment of my life so far, beginning the process that would shape me into just about everything I am today. It's what caused me to begin learning how to play guitar and is what really started my interest in musical and, in its own way, more intellectual pursuits.
    Awesome. What happened? What was it about the album that had such a profound effect?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    Which philosophical system?

Discovering typology is a good one.
    How did it change things for you?
    Well I discovered Gnosticism basically aligned how I viewed spirituality. I thought I was just a freak in that department with weird beliefs on things, but turns out I'm not!

Type changed a good bit for me. I learned to accept people as they are; and it helped with figuring out how people tick. I used to be really socially insecure; and this has helped me ease into being more socialized.

The enneagram has been much more immensely helpful to me, namely for understanding myself.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

It's a tough topic to talk about without getting too personal for my comfort, but I'll say that there was a class I took in college that pretty much changed my life. It gave me the intellectual direction I desperately craved for so long. It's strange for me to say this because I actually have had a long crappy history in my relationship with teachers and professors, but yeah. This teacher was the exception (who was a visiting lecturer, so he only stayed that one semester) and so was this class.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    It's a tough topic to talk about without getting too personal for my comfort
    Yeah had the same problem.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.