123 Last

Thread: Taking risks

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Default Taking risks

I got this from Salt n' Pepper in the "ask the next poster anything" thread

What risks have you taken in your life? Be it physically or emotionally, what have you done?
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hah, too many too name, physically, many a person would say I've gambled with life itself.

But what would be most unexpected. Is that to me, the biggest risk I took, is my descision to fit into society and work fulltime.

Speeding at 230 kilometers an hour isn't much of a big deal to me. Snorkling 300 meters from the coast of arube between the sharks and barracuda's was just beautiful. Catching vipers in a small fishing net is just a good way to kill some time. But merging with society, that was seriously scary.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

None that I can speak of!
    I guess I've had opportunities to really flip my life on its edge, but nothing really shot me in the heart deep enough to actually get me off my butt. I've made a pretty comfy ass print on my chair. And I don't like to be pushed into doing something someone else thinks is "good for me". So I ended up not doing it.

Still thinking about going to New Zealand or Australia in the spring, though. Those were the physical ones.

Emotionally, I don't take risks. Unless it's right up in my face. I always think; "what good can come from it". But lately, I've been thinking maybe I should. We'll see after this weekend.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont know that I've taken that many risks, I've been caving and potholing a couple of times, I've met people who I first became acquainted with online once or twice, I've been on some random dates with people who I decided where crazy afterwards but nothing really thrilling I wouldnt say.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I just put hair colour in my hair without doing the test! that's a risk?
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've done many things, physically, that others might consider risks, but all things considered I find them no more risky (actually far less risky) than driving a car or walking around a U.S. city.

-Rock-climbing / rapelling
    -Traveled solo to Greece for 3 weeks, to NZ for 3 weeks, a few other shorter trips to various places in the states by myself
    -Traveled to Cusco, Peru solo and stayed with a local family there for 3 weeks, not knowing the language
    -Hike 10+ miles by myself on a regular basis in the mountains (this is probably the riskiest of all of the above, in my opinion, and I do get nervous on occasion due to chance of coming across a bear or mountain lion, not to mention the possibility of twisting an ankle or injuring myself. But, typically the trails have at least 5 other people on them throughout the day)

Emotionally: Various romantic relationships, not really any different than most peoples' experiences, probably

Life Changes/Events:
    -Heading out to a volunteer job in Utah, right out of college, not knowing whether I would like it and knowing it would be out of my comfort zone and a solid 4.5 month commitment. My first big, multi-day driving trip by myself to a place I had never been to.
    -Quitting my job at the end of 2008, moving to Colorado without a job or any idea where I was going to live, and embracing the unknown. HUGE risk on Lynn's-scale-of-taking-risks scale. lol. (and a long time coming. Had backed out of doing it 3 years prior)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Wow! .. Every day, every move, every interaction, every decision involves emotional and/or physical risk.
    Nothing really gets done with out taking chances.

Roll them bones..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

My natural risk-preference seems to basically consider only physical ones as real "risks", so I'd say I feel like I risked my life twice:

- once while hiking up a mountain I know quite well through an "alternative" path. Turns out maintenance hadn't been performed yet (it's performed once a year), so I had to hike through something like this:

with no equipment (going back the way I came could have been even more risky, since the path was quite steep). What's truly funny is that I only realized later how dangerous it was - I suppose due / thanks to adrenaline.
    - twice, during a cycling competition, I was 2nd place after an ascent. I tried to catch first place during the descent, almost fell (I hit a small rock on the road) while riding down at 80 km/h - don't know how I managed not to. Ended up being scared shitless, I actually lost 3 position during the descent's remaining portion.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ESFP

I take risks every day. I don't understand why people are afraid of taking risks. Generally speaking there is more to lose by not taking them. Everyone dies eventually.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

i suddenly changed majors my 3rd year :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)