User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do You Prefer Giving Rep or Receiving Rep?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Receiving

47 83.93%
  • Giving

9 16.07%
First 12345 Last

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by xNTP View Post
    Yeah, I like receiving and giving at the same time. There's something special about know that your needs and your co-poster's needs are being met simultaneously. Sure, it might be a little awkward to get the mechanics down the first few times, but it still feels good.
    It's rare, but those moments when I know I'm receiving rep at the same time as someone I just repped, it's really fantastic. Almost indescribable.

...and so begins the rapid descent of this thread, not that it is unwelcome...
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    It's rare, but those moments when I know I'm receiving rep at the same time as someone I just repped, it's really fantastic. Almost indescribable.

...and so begins the rapid descent of this thread, not that it is unwelcome...
    I understand.

It's usually easier for me to give and receive simultaneously, but I often get complaints from my female companions. They say they can't "focus" and just want to take turns. I'm like "focus? focus?! You just sit there and get repped with some pithy one-liner. You're not reading philosophy here. What's the problem, baby?"

Phantonym

I like both. Possibly leaning towards receiving, though. Because it has a slightly better feel to it. When I give out reps (which I used to do a whole lot more) and especially with more substantial ones than a couple of smileys there's always the feeling that I'd rather not put people in the position where they'd feel that they have to respond to it because I rarely expect a response and I'm not making it easy anyway...but it's still nice when I get one back...but then there's also the feeling I get that I should respond if I receive one and I feel really bad if I don't and they're possibly expecting a response back...and I just don't know what to say because there's really nothing to be said...and the cycle could go on forever if people keep responding because I would really feel bad if I don't respond and then I do and then they do and then I do...and it drives me crazy and then I just stop and feel bad...oh, this system is pure evil!

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I like both. While I do enjoy receiving rep, and knowing that someone at least finds a connection (negative or positive) with my thoughts, I find that giving rep connects me when I have nothing further to add to a discussion other than to agree with the person to whom I give the rep. If that made sense???
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm lazy, I don't give a lot of rep. I have a strong preference for public conversations here.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

i looooove the feeling of receiving reps^^ i will say that sometimes the rep i do get i wish had been a response, as it sometimes could have contributed to the thread.

giving, while i like it, does not give me the same satisfaction. but for the reasons i mentioned above i don't give out THAT much of it; mostly if it's off-topic or a one word agreement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

who gets excited before repping someone? i mean...i don't think i feel anything when i rep someone....i mean not more than just saying anything normal style....im confused by this...but the other is like mail...and who doesn't like mail?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Its natural to prefer getting positive rep

I like to give out positive rep a lot. As a shy person, I appreciate that there is a low-key way to let someone know I agree with them or notice them.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'd prefer positive rep, but really I'd take any kind. I like mail in any form it arrives in. Other than lethal white powder, or explosions...

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I just sent Vas one and it felt nice.. and LadyX.. what about that one I sent you.. I very much enjoyed shocking you in such a way.. I promise It felt good to do it..