User Tag List

12 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Very vague metaphore thread

I noticed I always tend to describe people and things with very vague metaphores lately. Just yesterday I caught myself describe someone's atmosphere with "like drinking a strawberry cocktail in a beach bar with a group of teddy bears on a hot afternoon in late July". Yeah, really vague. But it gave me an idea: as what things would you describe your personality? What color would you be if you were a color? What song would you be if you were a song? So in this thread you're going to describe yourself as really vague and abstract things.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intP

This thread is like a bucket of offwhite satin acrylic with the lid slightly ajar.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Lengthy compound metaphors usually just cause confusion. best to stick with something simple. Also, technically speaking, I believe the examples so far are actually similies (This is like) rather than metaphors (This is); though I'm not sure the distinction's particularly worth worrying about.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

garbage

It's like a thing.

there, vague subject and vague antecedent

MBTI
    intP

This thread is undercooked leftover pasta in the back of the fridge.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

this thread is a bowl of dicks microwaved on high for 1 min. and 30 seconds

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    this thread is a bowl of dicks microwaved on high for 1 min. and 30 seconds
    You see, the 1 minute and 30 seconds represents the

Smile The Teddy Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I noticed I always tend to describe people and things with very vague metaphores lately. Just yesterday I caught myself describe someone's atmosphere with "like drinking a strawberry cocktail in a beach bar with a group of teddy bears on a hot afternoon in late July". Yeah, really vague. But it gave me an idea: as what things would you describe your personality? What color would you be if you were a color? What song would you be if you were a song? So in this thread you're going to describe yourself as really vague and abstract things.
    Your teddy bear metaphor is very nice.

And metaphors are interesting. They are like semaphores, for semaphores are signs. We make semaphores by moving flags around with our arms. Semaphores are a signal. We signal to ships at sea with semaphore.

But never forget computers can't make metaphors, only homo sapiens can make metaphors.

Computers 'think' by using deductive logic, while we think by association, that is, we think using inductive logic and metaphor.

I am often accused here of not being logical when I am being metaphorical, for we are metaphor creating animals. I am not a number. I am not a computer. I am not four magic letters. I am a metaphor.

And a metaphor is a bridge. A bridge between what we know and what we don't know. A metaphor is a way of discovering.

So I love making associations using inductive logic to see patterns.

Your teddy bears would approve.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

When tripping off of duck's feet into the land of Dumbledores
    It is not easy to watch the entire line of semaphores
    Just as it would not be easy to bridge a gap of metaphors
    From the great land of Julia Gillard, back to my porch

(P.S, I love you Victor)

Your little semaphore metaphor made my morning a happy place in the space-time continuum.
    And I am well aware that "porch" wasn't a great choice

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

As the chimney sweep of Time thrusts the long-handled brush of Fate up the endless flue of Eternity, and the small forgotten orphan child of Mortality clings desparately by its fingertips to the narrow sooty ridges of Fortune, the snake oil of Victor's metaphors is oozing slowly down the walls. As the friction of our tie with material Reality grows increasingly weaker, we contemplate losing our grips once and for all, and must finally look down and reflect upon the dark mysterious hole of Oblivion into which we are soon to fall.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...