User Tag List

123 Last

Smile Choosing My Avatar

Next Saturday, 21st of August, the people of Australia will be choosing my avatar.

Will they choose the lovely avatar to our left, or will they choose a bright new shinning avatar unseen by the rest of the world?

I let you choose my type but I let the people of Australia choose my avatar.

My avatar is vitally important and there is even a movie called Avatar.

Our avatars reach right back into myth and into our unconscious to give us a new identity in the noosphere.

This is such an important decision to make, I dare not make it on my own so I am letting the people of Australia make it for me.

I am told we always defer to the wisdom of the Australian people so I think I should defer to them in the matter of my avatar.

But I also get to vote so in a way I am also voting for my avatar along with everyone else.

It would be convenient to keep my present avatar but who knows what a new avatar may bring?

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Thank you for posting this, I've been saying the people of Australia should choose your avatar for years now. This is a wonderful occasion and I am very excited. Almost wetting myself over here, true story.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Bring it on! Lets see some nominated Avatars
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Thank you for posting this, I've been saying the people of Australia should choose your avatar for years now. This is a wonderful occasion and I am very excited. Almost wetting myself over here, true story.
    Well, they have listened to you Gloriana and will be voting at the polls next Saturday. And I'll be there on the hustings telling them to vote early and vote often.

It's a bit like a family carnival.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Next Saturday, 21st of August, the people of Australia will be choosing my avatar.

Will they choose the lovely avatar to our left, or will they choose a bright new shinning avatar unseen by the rest of the world?

I let you choose my type but I let the people of Australia choose my avatar.

My avatar is vitally important and there is even a movie called Avatar.

Our avatars reach right back into myth and into our unconscious to give us a new identity in the noosphere.

This is such an important decision to make, I dare not make it on my own so I am letting the people of Australia make it for me.

I am told we always defer to the wisdom of the Australian people so I think I should defer to them in the matter of my avatar.

But I also get to vote so in a way I am also voting for my avatar along with everyone else.

It would be convenient to keep my present avatar but who knows what a new avatar may bring?
    The people of Australia have trouble choosing what underwear to put on in the morning let alone your avatar.

MBTI
    INTP

This would be my preference, too bad she won't have the numbers.
    Fiona Patten - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

garbage

The people of Australia are choosing your avatar? How Anti-American.

I liked the dude in the glasses avatar that you had before, Victor

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I like this one.

Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

The Gods and their Avatars

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The people of Australia are choosing your avatar? How Anti-American.

I liked the dude in the glasses avatar that you had before, Victor
    The dude in the glasses was merely a literate individual, whereas my avatar is a figure of myth.

Yes as we enter the noosphere, we return once again to mythical age, or as the Ancient Greeks put it, the Mythos.

In the Mythos everything is larger than life and simpler. Everything takes on the outlines of a comic.

For instance, every morning at the Bakery I read, in the Business Section of the Australian newspaper, the comic called Doonesbury. And of course it is more than a comic, it is a guide to life, quite like Typology Central.

Typology Central is full of comic characters called avatars. And not only me, but all of us have shed our literate individual skins like snakes on a hot day, and have taken on the outlines of our avatars - we are becoming, we have become and will become the avatars of the new mythical age called the noosphere.

We are the avatars in the movie appropriately called, "Avatar".

To get in the spirit and to prepare our minds, re-read the Iliad of Homer, that Ancient Greek chronicler of the Mythos. And you will start to hear the loud voices of the gods over the mere whisper of the library books.

The library books don't stand a chance in the noosphere as avatar battles avatar, as Greek battled Greek under the tutelage of the gods.

Yes, the gods have awoken from their dream of literacy, and with them, the avatars.

So sharpen your swords and prepare to do battle at the Polls next Saturday, the 21st of August, 2010 AD.

May the best avatar win.