User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Purloined by the People of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    I have to agree with you Victor!
    Still, I was preparing myself for a change of avatar. I mean I am kinda comfortable with my present one, and a new one would be a change. I mean my avatar represents me somehow just as my Prime Minister represents me somehow. And now, not having a settled PM leaves me with an identity crisis.

But look, just between you and me, an ID crisis is kinda cool. Ya know I could imagine me discussing my identity crisis at some appropriate moment. Hey, I could even start a thread, as I move between avatars, devoted to my identity crisis. And I could even call it, "Identity and Crisis".

And I could write in my incomprehensible fashion, that somehow gets under the skin, provoking all kinds of cries, from calls to be logical, to pleas to stay on topic, to not so subtle suggestions that I might be happier elsewhere. All exacerbating the very crisis they are meant to address.

It would be the perfect storm - someone who doesn't know who he is and those who also don't know. It would be a kind of shared identity crisis. "Who", we could ask sincerely, "are you?".

"And only", I would reply, "if I could find my avatar, but it has been purloined by the people of Australia".

"Don't worry", you say, "they'll give it back to you, just wait. The Electoral Commission is looking for it as we speak. And before long, you will know who you are. And so will we".

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

This is blowing my mind.

Blowing my mind.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

come on man! wheres the new avatar
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    come on man! wheres the new avatar
    I know!!! I'm like "I gotsta see it!" but at the same time I'm like "No rushing historic moments!!".
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I really like your Reba avatar now, you should keep it.

Red face A Hung Parliament

We have a hung Parliament. And who shall govern is in the gift of four Independents.

But whoever governs will face a Senate with the Greens holding the balance of power. This would be bad for the Liberals but less bad for Labor. However in the Tasmanian Parliament the Greens have shown themselves to be unreliable partners.

And as I write the horse trading has commenced and I would expect that Labor will form a minority Government with the support of at least three Independents.

However the voters, particularly in New South Wales and Queensland, have given a slap in the face to Labor and their leader, Julia Gillard.

And of course this is a slap in the face of my avatar and me. So my face is red and stinging with shame.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!! :steam:

I haven't slept, I haven't eaten, I haven't hugged my loved ones I've been so anxious waiting for the results. Before this, I wanted to think I had the perseverance to get through any times of avatar-related strife but that's all gone to pot.

I can't do it. I can't ride this crazy see-saw no mo!

I blame the people of Australia entirely.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

It'll take over a week, for gowds sake go to sleep girl!!!!

Smile By Royal Appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I blame the people of Australia entirely.
    And it's their bloody fault. If only they had taken my advice and voted for the upload speed of optic fibre, we would have a result and a new avatar.

But no, they go their own way. They think they know best. They think they have the right to choose my avatar.

Of course they tell me the best form of government is a benevolent dictatorship, and that's what we need here.

We don' need no revolution, we don' need no liberal democracy, we need to return to the Divine Right of Kings.

We used to have the Divine Right but then we threw it away. For what? For the people. And look what the people do. They can't even make up their minds about my bloody avatar.

And the solution is as simple as it is scary - we abolish the people. We have a perfectly good Queen going to waste, why not use Her, why not make Her my avatar?

And then I could claim I was by Royal Appointment.

What do you think?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm on to you... You just want to change your avatar!!

Why not select the independents as your temporary avatar seeing as they are the ones who have the power to select the next prime minister.