First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The dude in the glasses was merely a literate individual, whereas my avatar is a figure of myth.
    Victor, who was the dude in the glasses?

Is there any way you could post a link to that photo, or send it to me in a PM?

That was a cool avi.

I'm sure the good people of the land of Oz will choose the avatar best for them, and for you too.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    the bookies are still giving it to the ALP and they rarely get it wrong.
    a close count will be fun to watch. my tv will be glued to kerry o and antony green on saturday evening.
    Yeah, my money's on Labor.

And if Labor wins, it will save an awful lot of trouble.

I think the danger is a protest vote against Labor, but there is always the woman's vote for Julia.

It's all up in the air, and who knows where the chips will fall?

Smile A New Avatar

Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of the Party. Which Party is your business for we have the secret ballot, invented by Australia and called throughout the world, the Australian Ballot.

And although the law does require us to attend to have our names crossed off the Electoral Roll, we are not compelled to vote. Once your name is crossed off, you can do what you want.

But if you do want to vote you can vote for the Party or for an individual to represent you in Parliament.

But what you can't do is vote for the Prime Minister, for the PM is not even mentioned in our Constitution. And they can't be Head of State or Commander-in-Chief.

And this is how we limit the power of our Prime Minister in our liberal democracy built on the principle of the limitation of power.

So we elect representatives to Parliament and they appoint from amongst themselves the Leader of their Party. And whoever they appoint, they can dismiss.

However the Governor General, our Head of State, when the Queen is not here, which is never, asks the Leader of the most electorally successful Party to form their Government.

So although we don't vote for my avatar, an avatar will emerge from our elected representatives in Parliament under the Governor General.

I wonder who it will be.

I am just off to vote but I can't tell you who because it is a secret ballot, the Australian Ballot.

But don't go away, I'll be back with who knows - a new avatar.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

This is the most thrilling thing that I've ever been a part of, and that includes that time they were selling Hostess Snowballs 2-for-50 cents down at Circle K.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    ----

thanks for the commentary, gloriana.

happy polling day aussies! no matter your political persuasion - take a moment to be thankful that you live in in a beautiful, kick arse democratic country with low unemployment and funky marsupials.

Smile

thanks for the commentary, gloriana.

happy polling day aussies! no matter your political persuasion - take a moment to be thankful that you live in in a beautiful, kick arse democratic country with low unemployment and funky marsupials.
    At the moment Labor is ahead by a whisker, but there are many more votes to count so we can't count on a result just yet.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

And the Greens have taken the seat of Melbourne. Historic day!
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    ----

what a nail biter!

Smile Perhaps a Minority Government

what a nail biter!
    Well we have a hung Parliament with both Parties hanging in there hoping to form a Government with the Independents and the Green.

It may be the best possible result with both Parties equally balanced. But still we don't know what will happen. We don't know who will form Government.

But whoever the Independents join I think they will insist on the National Broadband Network (NBN).

The Liberals can claim they are vindicated and Labor can claim Government. In other words we may have a minority Government.

In that case I can keep my avatar.

Thank heavens for small mercies.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well we have a hung Parliament with both Parties hanging in there hoping to form a Government with the Independents and the Green.

It may be the best possible result with both Parties equally balanced. But still we don't know what will happen. We don't know who will form Government.

But whoever the Independents join I think they will insist on the National Broadband Network (NBN).

The Liberals can claim they are vindicated and Labor can claim Government. In other words we may have a minority Government.

In that case I can keep my avatar.

Thank heavens for small mercies.
    I have to agree with you Victor!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown