User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Smile Vote Early and Vote Often

Tomorrow they will decide my avatar. Will it be our delightful Prime Minister or will it be the Leader of the Opposition?

At the moment they are teetering on the edge. The polls are running 50/50. It will go right down to the wire.

I am writing to you dear international friends, for my next avatar may come as a shock and I want to prepare you as best I can.

I am feeling a bit on edge tonight waiting to go to the polls tomorrow in the French/Australian school gymnasium. It's kind of solemn with an undercurrent of celebration. And after doing my democratic duty, I usually go up to Manuka or Kingston for a celebratory coffee and wait for the results.

Of course a change of Government changes the tone of the country but I am going to vote on one issue - the upload speed of optic fibre to every Australian home.

This is a promise that suits our Utilitarian philosophy of the greatest good for the greatest number, but it could also turn us into internet producers for the world.

I was told today I was voting on a selfish issue. And I replied sure, but I think it is good for the country as well. Convenient, they replied.

And a win for the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, would be convenient, for not only could I keep my avatar, but my upload speed would be increased by orders of magnitude.

So I tell them - vote for convenience, vote early and vote often.

Awesome Cant wait!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I couldn't sleep a wink tonight even if I wanted to. I'm just glued to CNN's coverage of everyone going to the polls.

Right now they're showing footage of all the New Zealanders rioting because they wanted to choose Victor's avatar. They're burning Victor's past avatars in effigy, it's disturbing.

I'm not letting their jealousy ruin the excitement though. This is too historic a day to let them ruin it.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Right now they're showing footage of all the New Zealanders rioting because they wanted to choose Victor's avatar. They're burning Victor's past avatars in effigy, it's disturbing.
    Bastards! But who can trust the Kiwis? They live right next door and surf at Bondi Beach and the All Blacks have the hide to come over here to beat us at football!

At the bureaucratic level Oz is governed by COAG (Council of Australian Governments) and naturally we invite New Zealand Ministers of the Crown to attend, not least because the Land of the Long White Cloud is included in our Constitution.

But to hear that they are burning me in effigy sends me into shock and causes me to remember our long running plan to invade them when they least expect it.

But perhaps we should wait for the election results before we do anything hasty or anything we might regret.

But I tell you, if incumbent Labor loses this election, there will be blood on the floor. Everyone will be blamed from the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, to the former Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, to the political faction leaders who engineered the whole thing.

Tomorrow promises to be a sunny day in Canberra, but who will find their place in sun, no one knows.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

I hope your avatar stays the same, Victor.

But if it was only up to me, I'd have it be this:

Smile Senator Bob Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    I hope your avatar stays the same, Victor.

But if it was only up to me, I'd have it be this:

Ah yes, the Green Senator, Bob Brown, from Tasmania and the Leader of the Green Party in Parliament.

Well they say the Greens will increase their vote and could hold the balance of power in Parliament.

However the Greens are only a small party and have no chance of governing but they might hold the balance of power.

And they certainly present themselves in an attractive way, and I am looking for an attractive avatar. So perhaps Senator Bob Brown, the saviour of the Franklin River, might do.

And if the Libs are elected, will this please be your avatar?

Smile The Leader of the Opposition, The Honourable Tony Abbott MP

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    And if the Libs are elected, will this please be your avatar?

How could I resist?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    How could I resist?
    I'm considering changing my vote!
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    ----

the bookies are still giving it to the ALP and they rarely get it wrong.
    a close count will be fun to watch. my tv will be glued to kerry o and antony green on saturday evening.