User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah!! fuck em!!!! i'll show you sweet!! haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't have a good idea what kind of first impression I make on people. For that matter, I'm really not sure what other people think of me, even after longer acquaintance. How do most people get this information? Do others tell you explicitly what kind of impression you make, or do you just have to figure it out from other aspects of their reactions? I am actually rather curious, but get very little useable feedback.
    Yeah, I can relate to this. I remember in my first couple of mid-year/yearend reviews in a corporate setting, maybe 7 yrs back, I was sort of shocked by the feedback I got from my supervisor, and at that point concluded I must be clueless as to how other people perceived me vs. how I perceived myself (i.e. I'm fairly hard on myself as a general rule). So when I learned back then that communication was one of my key strengths, my internal reaction was.......'When did this happen? Really?'

This could be extended into pretty much any aspect of my personality, probably. I mean, when it comes to initial meetups with people, of late I've been described as 'fun', which, again, makes me go.... haha. Apparently I'm turning up the extroversion switch in those cases.

Growing up the adjectives used to describe me (which I learned after the fact) were 'quiet,' 'sweet,' and 'smart'. Recently I've gotten 'calm' from more than one person, and also 'proper'. lol.

I don't know that any of the above are inaccurate, per se...I mean, a lot of this stuff can be situational, I believe, and I can also understand why I am perceived in that light. I think on that end (the situational aspect), it might lead to confusion down the road if people see other sides of me which they then have trouble reconciling with their initial impressions/conclusions of me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hmmm, I think most people see this big physiqued guy thats just there and nothing more. Im usually pretty friendly and non intimidating when with friends so I think thats what people see. But they might underestimate me intellectually because of my friendly, laidback, playful nature. Plus it seems big people means obnoxious, unintelligent person to most people.

I never really think that deeply on what others think of me, I try to just be there to the extend I feel comfortable and then shut down when its too much.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Depends on my mood and the way I dress. Everyone seems to have a different perception of who I am. It's like I'm thousands of different people.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

ReflecTcelfeR

I have no idea. I was compared to Macro-economics by one of my closest friends. I like when things fall apart on a grand scale, the chaos is fun. I am seen as childish I imagine. I have been called genuine. Only one person will comment on me being annoying. I am seen as a ball of energy! Why I am an INTP again?

In truth I'm not any different around different people. I'm just me. Some people understand me and others don't. Most view me as smart, but I think it's more of an impression than an actual quality I possess. Eh, I don't know this is just a giant assumption.

garbage

I heavily respond to people. I'm not often the one to make the first move, and I end up giving off whatever perception I need to give off, or whatever perception they give off. I'm mostly as formal and/or friendly to them as they are to me.

When I can't bend that way--that is, when I'd be bending too much or when I can't connect--I'm pretty much seen as cold and distant, because I'm more observant or off in my head.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    There's also a phrase used to describe me: "The real deal."
    Straight shooter.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't have a good idea what kind of first impression I make on people. For that matter, I'm really not sure what other people think of me, even after longer acquaintance. How do most people get this information? Do others tell you explicitly what kind of impression you make, or do you just have to figure it out from other aspects of their reactions? I am actually rather curious, but get very little useable feedback.
    For the religion part, I have asked a couple of my closest friends about their religious preferences (both were agnostic) and they were both VERY hesitant to tell me. Also, I told a group of people an incident in church and a self-proclaimed INTJ said that I was conservative based on the story.

For the conservative/prudish part: people will stop talking about "inappropriate" sexual things when I have an amused smile on my face but it might come off as a look of judgment. A lot of times when I enter a room, people (even my peers sometimes) say crap to others like "You shouldn't say that because there are children/young people present." It's as if they don't want to corrupt my mind. I'm almost freaking 21.

Maybe it's the Fe exterior?

All the responses are awesome.

@ Jaguar, Jennifer and SiB: I envy you guys. That would be my ideal situation.
    @ fluffywolf: That's tragic but somewhat funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    people think i'm super sweet and polite and well mannered i think and it trips them out when i get all flippant and opinionated and spew profanity.

i think...actually...i don't really know what others think but i think it has to do with being sweet.
    HAHAHA, this is what happens to me a lot too. My ENFP male psych teacher said that I was "sweet" and "precious". If only he knew.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Apparently some people in this forum think I am a woman.

I regret to inform you, or NOT regret to inform you as the case may be, that I am, in fact, A MAN.

A beauuuuuuutiful man.

P.S. If you get that reference, you have my eternal respect.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Apparently some people in this forum think I am a woman.

I regret to inform you, or NOT regret to inform you as the case may be, that I am, in fact, A MAN.

A beauuuuuuutiful man.

P.S. If you get that reference, you have my eternal respect.
    Hey, is that Clive Owen? I bet you took that picture from californiarumor.com! =D (i definetly have superpowers)

Anyways, my first impression is that you're a creepy woman trying to be a man but failing at it.