User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am trieing to be the mood enlightener in every situation, which I am quite good at. One first impression people always seem to have from me is that they think I am quite intelligent, tho I personally think everyone thinks that from other persons. I have broad fields of intrests and can talk about a lot what makes a discussion easy, but I havent really perfected any of that fields, what makes me good for quiz shows but other than that I dont think I am intelligent.

I appear to all people I meet as oustanding of the masses, so I really do meet a lot of people; most of them are dissapointed later because I act quite normal around them. I dont like to make too much fuzz about my person or to even be in the spotlight, many people approach me because of that and think I may be an important person that can help them in some way.

I have the ultimative nice boy look and "a guy you want to show your grandmother" mannerism, which made me fell victim to many shady people who wanted to approach me and sell me things or use me.

I have a lot of luck in life, which got me through many things, things when I think back nowadays could have ended badly. People nearly trust me from the first minute they meet me and I try to not disappoint them, which made me a perfect candidate for the more shady business, I tho managed at young age to not get dragged into that.

I have always had a troubled self, a streak for depression and a disstorted self-image. And tho I have always met many people thru my charisma, I always alienated them by having a really troubled inner self.

Now with help from my beloved one and with experience brought by age, I have developed some imago mask for myself I can use to make people feel about me I am quite normal and nothing exciting. I need in a next step to pinpoint my own self-image down so good that I can really always project what I really want then I think I'll be good and dont alienate people.

My girlfriend and me tend to say about us, her self-confidence sucks but her self-conciensce is good and with me its vice versa.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

First impression: People tend to think I'm really shy and quiet. Not one to show any emotions or facial expressions.

After they get to know me: DEAR GOD DOES SHE EVER SHUT UP!? :yim_rolling_on_the_ And then they tend to say I'm one of the most expressive people they know.

I'm a very cautious person when I first meet someone. I'm very concerned with making sure I don't offend anyone... So I have a tendency to stay quiet and just observe people when I first meet them.... Once I've figured out their personality they can't get me to shut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

People take me for easy-going. Which I am, mostly. But they are really surprised the first time I say no, and at the depths of pure mule-headed stubborn that's in me.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

My mother and father still don't understand me. My father thinks I'm shy and gay and my mother thinks I'm a robot (*cough*that misses a few protocols in its programming*cough*).

My brother is an ENTP and he seems to have a grip on who I am most of the time, he could use more grip on himself though, he's going through quite some stress on a regular basis... Still, my sister is an ESFJ and thinks I'm a superhuman genius. So of all the members of my direct family, she definatly understands me best.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

haha
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

In a work situation or where I am passionate about a subject, people think I am extraverted. They just don't understand that talking (as in podium talking) to a large group of people on a soapbox subject is far more enjoyable to the INTP in me than entering a room full of strangers at a party who are inebriated and/or talking superficial stuff.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Many people before they really get to know seem to think I'm kind of prudish/uptight, really religious, and really conservative (even my ESFJ father thinks to an extent) to the point where they watch what they say around me. I must inadvertently project that image but I'm significantly different from that description...it's quite funny.

What has your experiences been?
    I don't have a good idea what kind of first impression I make on people. For that matter, I'm really not sure what other people think of me, even after longer acquaintance. How do most people get this information? Do others tell you explicitly what kind of impression you make, or do you just have to figure it out from other aspects of their reactions? I am actually rather curious, but get very little useable feedback.

InsatiableC: I agree about public speaking being much more tractable than freeform socializing. I am rather good and confident with the first, but try to avoid the second.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

impressions: quiet-ish, nice, 'good', innocent, 'cool, calm demeanor'
    what i really am: vicious when threatened

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

people think i'm super sweet and polite and well mannered i think and it trips them out when i get all flippant and opinionated and spew profanity.

i think...actually...i don't really know what others think but i think it has to do with being sweet.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    people think i'm super sweet and polite and well mannered i think and it trips them out when i get all flippant and opinionated and spew profanity.

i think...actually...i don't really know what others think but i think it has to do with being sweet.
    Your inner ENFP says: "They are appealing to your good traits, ABORT ABORT ABORT!".
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf