User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default Puff the Magic Dragon?

For decades I have been fascinated by the occurrence in the mythology of societies from three continents of dragons. (Europe, Asia and Africa)

Watching a show on dinosaurs with my 4yo grandson I find that the skull of such a beast has actually been found!! What concerns me tho is that they have called the creature Dracorex Hogwartsia No joke!!!

Dracorex Hogwartsia named after Hogwarts Castle 3D Interactive Model from Prehistoric Planet - Dinosaur and fossil news and features including interviews with paleontologists and interactive science modules

I have always felt that in mythological terms, where there is smoke there is fire, and wonder whether the coexistence of neanderthals and homo sapien perhaps gave rise to myths of trolls???

What else do you think we will discover?
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh, I thought this was about pot. Boo.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    You may be smoking too much if you find it more interesting at this point than the actual topic.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    For decades I have been fascinated by the occurrence in the mythology of societies from three continents of dragons. (Europe, Asia and Africa)

Watching a show on dinosaurs with my 4yo grandson I find that the skull of such a beast has actually been found!! What concerns me tho is that they have called the creature Dracorex Hogwartsia No joke!!!

Dracorex Hogwartsia named after Hogwarts Castle 3D Interactive Model from Prehistoric Planet - Dinosaur and fossil news and features including interviews with paleontologists and interactive science modules

I have always felt that in mythological terms, where there is smoke there is fire, and wonder whether the coexistence of neanderthals and homo sapien perhaps gave rise to myths of trolls???

What else do you think we will discover?
    Did not ancient Hebrew lore speak of the "Nephelem" or some kind of "giant" species of mankind?

If we could find a giant primitive man other than Neanderthal from the fertile crescent, that would be truly amazing to me.

Also, miniature species of mankind, yet distinctly not simian, that would breed creedence to gnomes and dwarves... that would AWESOME!

I waited my whole childhood to be kidnapped by Amazon warrior maidens and taken to the jungles of South America to be their drone, but alas that did not occur.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    damn. me too. =^_^=

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Did not ancient Hebrew lore speak of the "Nephelem" or some kind of "giant" species of mankind?

If we could find a giant primitive man other than Neanderthal from the fertile crescent, that would be truly amazing to me.

Also, miniature species of mankind, yet distinctly not simian, that would breed creedence to gnomes and dwarves... that would AWESOME!

I waited my whole childhood to be kidnapped by Amazon warrior maidens and taken to the jungles of South America to be their drone, but alas that did not occur.

Ask, and thou shalt find!

Hobbit-Like Human Ancestor Found in Asia

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

It would be fantastic wouldn't it? Your lovely daughters might enjoy a picture of this skull. Miles was fascinated.

Are you certain that the last wasn't a teen wish?
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Awesome find wasn't it!
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    Awesome find wasn't it!
    Everyone loves hobbits and dragons

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Everyone loves hobbits and dragons
    Rock on, YLJ!

That was a really cool read, thank you!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro