12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default TypoC vs Personality Cafe

Any thoughts on how these two forums compare? I was at Personality Cafe first for a couple weeks and then came over to TypoC. The discussion seemed less mature over there.
    Last edited by highlander; 09-30-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Sim feels more appreciated over there. They sticky his threads and give him awards...

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Sim feels more appreciated over there. They sticky his threads and give him awards...
    tihihihi

No I first found this site and back then I felt this was a little hostile so I joined PC and stayed there for a long time until I was fed up with how the site was managed and started coming here again. Which I find to be a more serious and mature site. Even if I would be interested in seeing debates on other theories than that of Jung and enneagram.

To say it pretty simple PC and TC cant compare they have different crowds to please - meaning TC is for the more mature crowd.

MBTI
    yupp

never been to PC, wait i have i don't like the setup. I like here. it's my first personality site besides INTPc which I went to before they had this site. BUT I"m staying and you will never get rid of me. wahahahaha. I'm also not mature, but still, I don't think I bother anyone too much. I hope not.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    never been to PC, wait i have i don't like the setup. I like here. it's my first personality site besides INTPc which I went to before they had this site. BUT I"m staying and you will never get rid of me. wahahahaha. I'm also not mature, but still, I don't think I bother anyone too much. I hope not.
    miss prpl

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    It's just the quality of the conversation is not the same. :confused:

I don't like the black font on the gray background either. The color scheme here is mucho better.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

I don't like the black font on the gray background either. The color scheme here is mucho better.
    I dont post there, but I dont like that forum is split in 16 forums for 16 types + many other... that turned me off immediately.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I thought it was a bit like high school over there...I didn't care for high school and I wasn't a fan of PC. I didn't stay long.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Well, while I was on my "30-day vacation" away from TypeC, I was reading PersCafe, but I never joined. The vibe is all wrong for me, over there. Immature crowd. Although, I have to applaud the owner's decision to implement a new policy which basically prohibits members from making unfounded claims or sweeping generalizations to smear particular MBTI types. You won't see HATE threads in that forum.

There is only one person over there who knows type theory, and he has studied it for a decade. His name is FunctiAnalyst- ISTP. He has been around the net in various groups for many years. He was also once a member here, under a different name. As you might imagine, because he actually DOES know type theory, that presented a threat to Sim. So Sim began attacking FunctiAnalyst, personally, in an immature attempt to discredit the guy. Well, sorry people, you can't discredit those who have known type theory for a decade or even 30 years. It doesn't work that way, no matter what sleazy tactics are employed. FunctiAnalyst saw right through those tactics and told Sim he was "selling snake oil."

Now, we can all guess what came next:

"You are in a Ti-Ni loop." "Your Se sucks!!!"

Sound familiar? Yes, when Sim wants to insult people he just turns into Mr. Loopy. Here's the kicker, your Se can't "suck" when you take in 10 years of type theory. Not only does that illustrate "non-sucking" Se, that tells me his Se is actually on overdrive- the continual seeking of more and more and more and more facts. That is Se, in all its glory. The fact that an award was actually given to someone who can't even spot the expression of Se, in an ISTP, tells me the standards for excellence in that forum rival those of The Spotted Owl Society.

I am glad TypeC doesn't hand out awards, and my reason is quite simple - when you hand out awards it puts the spotlight on THE PERSON, and takes it away from where it really belongs which is on THE KNOWLEDGE itself. There is no ego in knowledge, and someone who is really into knowledge will see themselves as a perpetual student. Perpetual students seek knowledge. . . not awards.

Konstantin Stanislavsky once said: "Love the art in yourself, not yourself in the art."
    Likes OxygenatedCoffee liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

It's pretty obvious where I spend most of my WWW play time.

PC does have an ESTP forum that I check out here and there.
    It's fun to read responses to a given thread from a gaggle of nutjobs like me, LOL!

I have not checked out their other forums though, and I have not received a badge or medal from them yet either.

I know one of the PC admins, TreeBob, (an ESTP!) who's a really cool guy. We're in similar career tracks and his sense of humor is evil.

TypC is my favorite Interent site. Lots of good people, lots of variety to the topics, and our emoticons rule.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro