First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I still don't understand how any site could have all that information about its users. For example, how would it know my ethnicity when I am not even sure about my ethnicity?

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    He used metaphors! *Tick N*
    He was organised and self-disciplined! *Tick J*

The perils of trying to use analytical thinking when you don't understand it... I blame the educational system!
    Who actually understands what analytical thinking is???

Most of the stuff we do, we do without a conscious understanding...

Also, what typology do you use if it is not trait-based?

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I suppose you hope that you can see a pattern in how they think more so than in the choices they actually make, but I understand your point.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I still don't understand how any site could have all that information about its users. For example, how would it know my ethnicity when I am not even sure about my ethnicity?
    This might help to explain some things.

The New Gold Mine: Your Personal Information & Tracking Data Online - WSJ.com

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think Alexa only gets their audience information from users who downloaded their browser toolbar, gave that information, and then visited a certain site. And that's suppose to project what the wider audience is like.

Not a bad method but it's always going to be based on a smaller sample size. But at least it's voluntary.

MBTI
    ISTP

I like the format of this site better, it's more flexible and expressive.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Who actually understands what analytical thinking is???

Most of the stuff we do, we do without a conscious understanding...

Simples. Analytical thinking (which identifies the differences between the parts) needs to be either applied with extreme judiciousness, or combined with synthetical thinking (which looks at the parts as they integrate into the whole) to be fully effective, preferably the latter. Simply breaking issues down into their constituent parts is ineffective for understanding the process they constitute if in the process you lose sight of the meaningful interrelationships between those parts. Poorly applied analytical thinking, which seeks ultimate answers by identifying factors and breaking them down into ever smaller subdivisions, while losing track of their relationship to each other in the process they constitute, does just this.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like both for different reasons, and I go through phases where I spend more time on one than the other.

Comparing the two, TypoC can feel more "hostile" at times because of the heavy NT vibe, but it's far less intimidating or cliquish than many other message boards I've encountered.

PerC can be pretty amateurish in its discussions (& they seem to have a lot of teens for the most active members), although there are a handful over very knowledgeable & mature members who make good contributions to actual discussion of theory that is not frivolous (NOT talking about simworld). It can be a better place to "play" though, and has specific forums for each type, which is nice. It's kind of my replacement for INFPgc since INFPverse is sooo slow, traffic-wise.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Although I usually post on Personalitycafe more than these forums, something about TypologyCentral somehow seems slightly a bit deeper and more mature, in the sense that the topics seem more serious and complex. Whereas this site seems to focus more on theoretical and analytical concepts trying to find the meaning beneath ones actions, PersonalityCafe centers more around sharing your bottled up emotions and expereinces and finding understanding through others, if anything.

I do, however, know a few posters on the site who are incredibly wise and conscientious in their actions who seem to target at motivating and inspiring others in as best a way they can, mainly because they feel enough the experience and emotional intelligence to past this on to others (examples of these posters are the users Selene, Aero, Lad, Timeless, TreeBob, Snail, OrangeAppled *although she posts avidly on this website*, etc.)

Nonetheless, some of the posters tend to be more depressive ones who seem more lost than others, and visit the site to search for what they're missing, therefore giving PerC that High School-ish sort of vibe some of you find it to have. Likewise, you have to keep in mind that the majority of posters in PerC tend to range from being in their early teens to early twenties, making the mass of posters quite young in age. Nonetheless, I feel both websites are good places to visit as a start to get to know yourself better and find others to empathize with along the journey, although TypologyCentral, as many others have said, projects a more rational and intuitive vibe, almost Ni by comparison to PersonalityCafe's Fi.

MBTI
    INTP

I keep trying to join PerC, but every time I try to register an error message just pops up saying "The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed." Help?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I keep trying to join PerC, but every time I try to register an error message just pops up saying "The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed." Help?
    Personality Cafe sucks way too much - it's not even worth joining.

This place is where the real party's at! You don't believe me? Then you're just missing out.