User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I have met a few very close friends on PerC. That was not my intention, but it happened. It has helped me to open up, talking to them about theory outside the site, than actually being on the site. I retired for a while, but I went back because it's kind of an 'activity that we do together' while we are talking theory on skype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post

I agree with The Great One - when I retire from PerC I get a lot more work done. I stop by here whenever I please, but I don't have a billion thanks, post quotes, VMs and PMs. I have no problem ignoring messages, but curiosity kills the cat, and sometimes a message draws me in so I end up wasting time ... etc.

I think part of the reason PerC seems like highschool is because of the "Thanks" function. I have mixed feelings about it. Thanking a post is a good way to say you appreciate the post, without having to write something, and to show public appreciation which makes someone feel good if they are opening up or exploring new ideas, and encourages more sharing. However it also encourages ganging up and cliquey behavior.
    Yeah bigger isn't always better.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

you think they're talking about us over there?
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    you think they're talking about us over there?
    A lot of them don't even know about typoc and I think that's kind of cool It's like the secret refugee site.

For those of us who occasionally get frustrated with PerC and want to say...
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I think there both nice forums in there own way and both good for different things they both have highlights.

Things I like about.
    Personality cafe.

-More people.
    -Colorful.
    - More articles.
    - You may be thanked.
    -The mood seems logical...

Things I do not like about Personality cafe.

-You may be thanked.
    - More people.
    -(I sometimes feel like.) Many ignore your posts for many different reasons that have nothing
    to do with what you posted...
    - Enneagram type me threads are sometimes ignored.

Things I like about typology central I like.

-Seems like there is more topics.
    -Most people seem to know each-other.
    -You can out a song in your profile...
    -Many threads are silly.
    -You can see friends posts.
    - Enneagram type me post are noticed a bit more.

Things I don't like.

-Less people.
    -Forum not very colorful.
    -A bit boring...at times (too me.)
    - Simile emotion is a bit creepy.
    -Threads packed together.
    Last edited by Rosie Drew; 12-28-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Eeek spelling mistake.

You wanted to come fourteen years ago.
    I grew up.
    Don't worry, I'll soon fix that.

I found this on this forum would love if you clicked it. (: Seems fun.
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=rosiedrew

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Drew View Post
    - Simile emotion is a bit creepy.
    Are you talking about our smileys?..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Are you talking about our smileys?..

Yes, now that I think of it though so is personality cafes they look like ogers.

You wanted to come fourteen years ago.
    I grew up.
    Don't worry, I'll soon fix that.

I found this on this forum would love if you clicked it. (: Seems fun.
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=rosiedrew

MBTI
    yupp

I posted on perc for.6,months but don't remember my impression of it, so I either liked or hated it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

I actually retired my account on PersonalityCafe some hours before... and truth be told, the website is an emotional train wreck, without seeming offensive or biased in claiming this. I find that whereas typoC tends to have a more detached, rational appeal to it, PerC is quite sentimental and overflowing with intense emotions from users whom claim at times to be either emotionally troubled or lost as the engage in avid search for answers to their dilemma. Likewise, whereas typoC tends to be motivated by philosophical discussions and logical debates, while lacking in the depth of emotion that pretty much serves as the core for PerC, PerC is motivated by a search for personal identity and like-minded kindred spirits, but is not particularly the most stable or logically-based website to visit, for the emotional heaviness of the site itself will almost surely exhaust you of your energy (or perhaps, mental sanity, based upon personal experience). All in all, both sites possess their own traces of strengths and weaknesses, albeit I still prefer Typologycentral due to its rational and intellectual vibe, which soothes much more and doesn't leave me feeling so psychologically drained.

All in all...

PerC= soul-searching people seeking empathy and personal understanding from kindred spirits
    TypoC= mbti/enneagram enthusiasts whom enjoy taking the subject to a deeper level with intellectual
    and philosophical debates.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

I was on there for 2 months in 2012, lurked for longer. That website joke is full of angsty teens and young adults.

Here's the breakdown

ISFP forum = dead, conversation is slow.
    INFP forum = DEPRESSION, DEPRESSION, DEPRESSION with a side of passive-aggressiveness.
    ENFP = full of new ENFP asshats. "ohhhh, look at how cute and caring I am, I'm gonna nab myself a cold, robotic INTJ that's as much of an asshat as me."
    INFJ = special snowflake syndrome groomed by creepy-ass ENTP "admirers".
    Enneagram 9 = depression, you can only relate if you're depressed. non-depressed morons GTFO.
    Enneagram 4 = THE WORST OF THE LOT. special snowflake syndrome meets self-righteousness coated with pretentiousness and depression.

And, don't give me this BS that since there are many users, it's hard to contain them therefore we have strict policies. I've been on a lot of gossip forums that have a ton of users and they're much, much more lenient.

Everyone is super sensitive on that site, even mods. Ewww...
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I know a lot of people don't like this, but I liked Personality Cafe's subforums by type, ex. "The ENTP" forum.

I had a ball hanging out with my ENTP brethren. And skipping around to other tribes to play and having visitors over. That was a very fun, funny, subforum where few people ever got offended. A kind of safe place for an ENTP to go without worrying much about our snark offending.

I've said all I ever wanted to about the mods at PerC, and am now taking mama's advice, "If you can't say something nice....."

In contrast, the mods here, so far, have been fantastic. Fair, tolerant, judicial when called for, and pleasant. Very involved. Even the existence of this very thread and others like it.
    @highlander especially seems to like making threads like these, "how can we improve, feedback please, etc." I think that's awesome.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.