User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well being a former super member of Personality Cafe, and being a senior member here, I believe that I am definitely qualified to answer this question.

The pros of personality cafe:

-It has about 10 times more users than this site so it seems like as soon as you make a post, there are about 10 replies to your post in less than 20 minutes.
    -It has more knowledgeable people on topics such as MBTI and the enneagram.
    -There is more to do there.
    -It has a lot more articles on various enneagram and MBTI related topics.

The cons of personality cafe:

-The moderators are crooked as hell and the site is corrupt as hell.
    -You never know when you are going to get banned there. They have no set in stone rules on how many infractions that a person needs to get banned, and so many people have been banned completely out of the blue on that site.
    -Because there are so many users there, and because so many people answer your posts, it seems like you never get anything done that day in real life if you go there. I will literally create like one topic on Perc, and I will still be answering posts from that one topic like two hours later. It is very bad for anyone that actually works or has a life.

-The pros of typology central:

-The mods are clean and are not corrupt scumbags.
    -They have very clear rules on how many infractions that it takes to get banned, and don't just ban people out of the blue or just because they don't like a person.
    -It's not so fucking political.
    -It doesn't have that many users so it provides you with just enough entertainment to kill time, but not so much that you're going to get nothing accomplished that day.

The cons of Typology Central:

-It doesn't have that many users so not that many people answer your threads.
    -It's a lot smaller than PerC.
    -It doesn't have as many knowledgeable users on it.
    -It doesn't have all sorts of new article on enneagram and mbti like PerC does.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    All I know is that their Enneagram test told me I was 4w5.
    Heh. LOL. It types me as 7w6.

I've commented on PerC as well. I found it largely ok and enjoyable for most of my time there, but the deeper I got into forum politics, the more questionable I found it. Each forum has this "popular" clique you're not allowed to disagree with (you can disagree, but people tend to ignore you if you do). There's also a tendency to type others based on pat formulas that are held as the Golden Standard, and some types have a higher bar than others. And, without going to deeply into my own experience, I'll just add that the community becomes vested in seeing you in certain ways, and it pisses them off if you realize you're mistyped.

That would be my gripe with it; I understand this phenomenon is universally present on the site, not just in the forums I hung around in. Other than that, I thought it was largely a fun place to be. It's much bigger, much faster, lots more to indulge my Ne with. It can really kill some time when you're chronically ill. There does seem to be a younger bracket, and knowledge does seem to be more basic, but it did inspire me to research a lot more. I also made some seriously epic friends there I stay in touch with.

TC is OK so far. I agree with the others--the discussion is more serious, more in depth. I feel like the people here actually know what they're talking about 90% of the time. Folks are more chill with the stringent standards (oh, you think you're an atypical Type X? Cool beans. You might be.) Everyone is their own authority and we're each just sharing our experiences.

It's a bit slower here, so I can just pop in when it's convenient. I'm trying not to get political here, and so far, that seems to be working. It's less political here. I like that.

Anyway. My two cents.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the perc founder is ENFP which explains why the whole place is like a delusional ENFP world. Trolling = going against the hive mind. A cult is a good way to describe it. And it's funny they hate on ESTPs but given the choice they all say they would want to be ESTPs.

I was just saying that to someone last night. That's why I can't deal with it for too long there. Everyone is such the stereotype.

I haven't given it much of a chance but that's the impression I get when I do visit.... Especially the enfps. They're all like trying to out cute each other all the time or something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I haven't given it much of a chance but that's the impression I get when I do visit.... Especially the enfps. They're all like trying to out cute each other all the time or something.
    Oh, I may have to check this place out afterall.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

It's not cute tho. It's terribly annoying.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Both sites are equally worthless.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    It's not cute tho. It's terribly annoying.
    Says you! :-P

...Not that I'm actually going to go check it out. I hear there are lots of over-the-top-cutesy ENFPs over there!

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Says you! :-P

...Not that I'm actually going to go check it out. I hear there are lots of over-the-top-cutesy ENFPs over there!
    Don't fall for it, dog--they're confused little boys-in-drag.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Both sites are equally worthless.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I have met a few very close friends on PerC. That was not my intention, but it happened. It has helped me to open up, talking to them about theory outside the site, than actually being on the site. I retired for a while, but I went back because it's kind of an 'activity that we do together' while we are talking theory on skype.

I agree with @The Great One - when I retire from PerC I get a lot more work done. I stop by here whenever I please, but I don't have a billion thanks, post quotes, VMs and PMs. I have no problem ignoring messages, but curiosity kills the cat, and sometimes a message draws me in so I end up wasting time ... etc.

I think part of the reason PerC seems like highschool is because of the "Thanks" function. I have mixed feelings about it. Thanking a post is a good way to say you appreciate the post, without having to write something, and to show public appreciation which makes someone feel good if they are opening up or exploring new ideas, and encourages more sharing. However it also encourages ganging up and cliquey behavior.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se