User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

I prefer Typologycentral. This site allows me to call sensors "gristle" without receiving an infraction. Just kidding.

On the other site I received an infraction for publicly posting my password in one of the forums (how did that break any rules?) and another poor soul received an infraction when he used my password to leave a lovely picture and a nice message for me. Completely unfair. I would like to think the TypoC mods are more mature about such matters.

On the plus side for PerC however is that whenever they catch me using one of my sockpuppet accounts they ban the account but leave my main account alone? Last time I tried it then unretired my main account and I received no hassle, warnings or infractions? This was despite me making probably more than ten sockpuppet accounts and publicly confessing my crimes (and promising to make some more.) I guess they can be lenient.

Otherwise I would say the community is more memorable, the forum is not excessively large, there probably aren't that many mistypes here and the topics are (in my opinion) more engaging/mature.

The UI of Personality Cafe turns me off because the layout looks like a site you'd see on a 20/20 news story about protecting your teens from sexual predators on the internet. Some of the posts/posters I've seen in my quick glances there to protect both my anus and my innocence only serve to solidify this notion.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    I keep trying to join PerC, but every time I try to register an error message just pops up saying "The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed." Help?
    You need to keep hitting the refresh button if you can't make out the letters in the image until you can read the gibberish they ask you to decipher.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Any site that protects Stigmata's anus is a plus in my book.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, I enjoy my time at PerC. I'm not going to say its better. The structure allows you to explore type within an environment of type, it's a different experience and allows for different types of interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Any site that protects Stigmata's anus is a plus in my book.
    Maybe I'm just weird for getting that impression. I just feel like my posting tenure would come to an abrupt end once some burly 50-something ESTJ convicted sex offender named Frank would ask me to meet up with his motel room in the middle of nowhere to discussion "inferior functions", and I'd later be asked by the nice police person to point out on the stuffed teddy bear where it was that the bad man touched me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

PerC is nice and friendly, and has some occasional gems, but overall I don't find the same quality of discussion as here.

PerC is too messy, too Fe and too invasive. It...giggles.

Infinite Bubble

I've kept trying to get into PerC, but can never keep at it long enough. The layout is horrible and difficult to navigate, with far too many subforums, for a start. Quite a lot of the members seem to be too immature as well, and lacking in even rudimentary knowledge on MBTI and asking stupid questions about it (why are ESTJs so mean with their Te I just want to kill myself they're ruining my life etc). There's many members with quality posts of course, but that's what the overall vibe appears like to me.

The badges members wear are irritating as well, as if to make some appear more important than others. Like "super member" or "VIP". This accounts for the post ranks too, "Master", for example. Thanking just leads to people being passive-aggressive by backing up certain people in arguments and sometimes doing so because of some unrelated feud they had with the opposing member. It also encourages posting just to get thanked as much times as possible for ego boosts.

garbage

While the set of individual members is pretty diverse on PerC, it's too specialized. That tends to form isolated clusters (specifically, around types) that don't interact with one another--and thus lose the benefits of that diversity.

I can visit, say, the ISTP subforum to see a bunch of ISTPs agreeing that they all share such-and-such a trait (but corroboration does kinda help draw patterns), but virtually no interaction with others who don't have those traits.