MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    it was me who said that!

something about how you met and married your husband seemed very P like to me somehow!
    Ohh ok I think life can be an adventure and I remember thinking at the time, "what's the worst that can happen"? We are also going on vacation this spring and I haven't booked anything yet. I was thinking about booking something at the last minute online and getting a good deal. Anything in the Cayman Islands but it has to include a nice hotel! I hate dirt bag places.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    an INFJ, mistaken as INTJ Athenian 200

Quit trying to turn me into an INTJ, okay? I've already said that I don't want to be one a few times now. I don't want people expecting me to make logical, well-reasoned choices.

And did you have to put my name there without asking me? It's embarrassing enough that you think that of me without you making it public.

Why do you think I'm driven and competitive?

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    For example, it seems many folks on this forum know the type of everyone in their lives from....observation? Can you type another objectively?
    I have this problem too. I have an extremely hard time typing people - even folks I've known for years. I imagine that I could narrow things down a bit, but as for a definitive answer? Don't think I'd be able to decide. It's the "hmm... how do I know what they're *really* thinking?" bit.

On the forum, I tend to take people's word for any type they feel is correct - I mean, they'd know more about what's going on inside than I would, right? Of course, this is coming from someone who can't even decide on a type for himself...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't want people expecting me to make logical, well-reasoned choices.
    SILENCE, INTJ

BACK INTO THE CONTINGENCY-PLANNING MINES WITH YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Poriferan View Post
    They are all computer geeks and vulcans.
    Vulcans? That is a bad stereotype. I've observed confirmed INTPs to be laid-back, almost languorous; irreverent but without malice; and not at all impassive, but often quite well-practiced in style and custom, a disguise that, when penetrated, reveals absolutely no natural interpersonal understanding or aptitude.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Quit trying to turn me into an INTJ, okay? I've already said that I don't want to be one a few times now. I don't want people expecting me to make logical, well-reasoned choices.

And did you have to put my name there without asking me? It's embarrassing enough that you think that of me without you making it public.

Why do you think I'm driven and competitive?
    One of these days you are going to have to explain why you are so sensitive about being compared to INTJs. You obviously have great respect for them.

Honestly, I think you would be closer to ISFJ simply because of your authoritative demeanor and sensitivity. I have very little doubt that you are INFJ, but it's undeniable that you display the occasional NT and SJ traits, which I would think is something you would want to embrace. Afterall, INFJs are probably the most complex personality type there is and not as easily defined as others.

While I would consider INTJs to be fairly logical, I do have doubts about their ability to always use effective reasoning. As much as I hate them, I would still not be ashamed of sharing some of their traits.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Athenian fwiw I do believe that you are an INFJ.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I agree with Kiddo that if you're NOT an INFJ I'd think that you'd be closer to being an ISFJ than an INTJ!

I think I may have actually mentioned that in the thread discussing your type ages ago

Definitley a much better INFJ than an INTJ! I'm with you on that one!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

There's no doubt about you Sub! you're like some sort of poster child ENTP! I'm quite sure that aelan is an ENTP though- just of the fluffier variety (as I should know all about! )

I almost would think of you as a J Mr. Sponge!
    I'd trust an S's instincts and an N's intuition.

. Liberal (ab)use (nice one, Economica) of emoticons to be more digestible. I guess when I've to handle conflict for 10 - 14 hours daily at work, what I'd rather have are social relationships at the end of the day. I remember the board for the people, simply. Though I do realise many are the opposite, wanting debates and discussions here because of a quiet daily routine. I only hope there's space for the differing needs here. *sad*

Doubt Magic's a J. He's very non-confrontational / non-direct, and has wee flashes of whimsy which he then about. That's typical INTP.

Athenian's not INTJ! She always seeks to clarify, gives time and weight to all replies. I could see the confusion though, because of the same firmness in holding on to their beliefs. But underlying that is a seeking for harmony with her - that is not INTJ, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

Actually, I've sometimes thought that Xander is hard to type. I think he's so healthy and balanced, which seems kinda rare for an INTP for a start, specially a young one, and a very positive person... but yet when I try to think what else he could be, he just doesn't fit any other type.
    Xander's not young.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ...Jennifer suggested ENTP for me from the start, over a year ago at INTPc...
    Yes, baby -- I rock!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I agree with Kiddo that if you're NOT an INFJ I'd think that you'd be closer to being an ISFJ than an INTJ!

I think I may have actually mentioned that in the thread discussing your type ages ago

Definitely a much better INFJ than an INTJ! I'm with you on that one!
    I think the reason that you might think S instead of N could be neuroticism. IMO That can throw a persons type way off. Athenian worries a lot about the future and I don't know many S's who think as far ahead as she does.

Athenian