User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a Cat or Dog person?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Fe-user and a dog person

13 22.81%
  • I am a Fi-user and a cat person

12 21.05%
  • I am a Fi-user and a dog person

10 17.54%
  • I am a Fe-user and a cat person

10 17.54%
  • I am a Fe-user and love both equally!

4 7.02%
  • I am a Fi-user and love both equally!

6 10.53%
  • I am a Fe-user, get those stupid animals away from me!

0 0%
  • I am a Fi-user, get those stupid animals away from me!

1 1.75%
  • I am a Fi-user....meh. Who cares?

1 1.75%
  • I am a Fe-user....meh. Who cares?

0 0%
First 45678 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a dog and a cat. I like both but I think my preference is 70% cat and 30% dog. I tend to find the fawning of a dog annoying and sometimes they don't know when to leave you alone (my Aussie, Dax, follows me around the house). The cat--I mean, come on, they were WORSHIPED! I love them. My kitty Azrael is so very awesome...even when he is tripping me up on the way to the kitchen.

I do wonder why cats often draw such a love or hate response. My sister and her husband detest cats. They are also the type that like to charm people. Could that be the key?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    Sigh.... You should see my kitty.... When he gets all happy and content being petted... He starts to drool...not as bad as a dog, but still... A cat that drools!?
    my cat drools it's hilarious.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I like all animals, but prefer dogs over cats. Also, I'm allergic to cats, so dogs could win based on the fact that they don't make my eyes swell shut. :rolli:
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am a huge kitty fan.

This is my cat Sheddie (The last owner found him living in a shed, abandoned)
    He is gay and he drools, lol.

SDC10918.jpg picture by TheSaslou - Photobucket

SDC11093.jpg picture by TheSaslou - Photobucket

I had another kitty Floopy but she is being taken care of elsewhere now (Always remembered though)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Cats are good for you! Science says so!
    LOL you have given me just the right argument to persuade my husband that we need another one. Our 18yo chinchilla died this year ;( She was a haughty little madam but I do like cats too
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I am a huge kitty fan.

This is my cat Sheddie (The last owner found him living in a shed, abandoned)
    He is gay and he drools, lol.

SDC10918.jpg picture by TheSaslou - Photobucket

SDC11093.jpg picture by TheSaslou - Photobucket

Mine is gay too. We should totally hook them up!
    Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    LOL you have given me just the right argument to persuade my husband that we need another one.
    Just don't tell him about Toxoplasmosis.
    It's actually pretty awesome.
    Toxo generates cysts in the brain of the rat. These cysts take over the fear center of the brain, but specifically the fear of predators. Common fear sources for rodents (e.g., bright lights, open spaces, etc.) still operate perfectly well in an infected rat, but now they are no longer afraid of cat piss.
    That alone would be cool enough, but Toxo takes it one step further. When Toxo is going about futzing with the fear center of the brain it also goes into the sexual excitement part of the brain. It hijacks the incoming Fear of Cat Piss™ and instead diverts the signal to the Barry White™ center of the brain.

A small literature is coming out now reporting neuropsychological testing on men who are Toxo-infected, showing that they get a little bit impulsive. … And then the truly astonishing thing: two different groups independently have reported that people who are Toxo-infected have three to four times the likelihood of being killed in car accidents involving reckless speeding.
    Another controversial idea is that latent infection might trigger some forms of schizophrenia. Fuller Torrey at the Stanley Medical Research Institute in Maryland and his team has found that schizophrenics are more likely to be cat owners, and to have latent toxoplasmosis. What's more, drugs used to relieve schizophrenia symptoms happen to harm the parasite, at least in thetest-tube. Torrey believes this may be why the drugs work.
    Crazy cat lady might actually be crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Just don't tell him about Toxoplasmosis.
    It's actually pretty awesome.
    I was actually going to bring it up too, but it seems you beat me to it. Worth taking some further information into account for a full picture, it gets even more interesting:

Other studies suggest that the parasite may influence personality. There are claims of Toxoplasma causing antisocial attitudes in men and promiscuity (or even "signs of higher intelligence" ) in women, and greater susceptibility to schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in all infected persons. A 2004 study found that Toxoplasma "probably induce[s] a decrease of novelty seeking."

According to Sydney University of Technology infectious disease researcher Nicky Boulter in an article that appeared in the January/February 2007 edition of Australasian Science magazine, Toxoplasma infections lead to changes depending on the sex of the infected person.

The study suggests that male carriers have shorter attention spans, a greater likelihood of breaking rules and taking risks, and are more independent, anti-social, suspicious, jealous and morose. It also suggests that these men are deemed less attractive to women. Women carriers are suggested to be more outgoing, friendly, more promiscuous, and are considered more attractive to men compared with non-infected controls. The results are shown to be true when tested on mice, though it is still inconclusive. A few scientists have suggested that, if these effects are genuine, prevalence of toxoplasmosis could be a major determinant of cultural differences.
    Correlations have been found between latent Toxoplasma infections and various characteristics:

Decreased novelty-seeking behaviour
    Slower reactions[citation needed]
    Lower rule-consciousness and greater jealousy (in men)
    Promiscuity and greater conscientiousness (in women)
    What the hell? Women + Cats = Feminism?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm not sure if i need Toxoplasma .. But the idea sounds pretty interesting.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    What the hell? Women + Cats = Feminism?
    LOL. I remembered the thing about female promiscuity but I couldn't find it.

It could just be that more independent / intelligent / risk takers prefer cats to dogs, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

LOL. I remembered the thing about female promiscuity but I couldn't find it.

It could just be that more independent / intelligent / risk takers prefer cats to dogs, of course.
    Correlation indeed doesn't imply causation - but why in that case would this principle only apply to women?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...