User Tag List

First 12

heart on fire

I just read and respond to what I am moved to at the moment. There are certain people that I am always going to read their posts because they touch me in some way. There are certain subjects I am always going to be moved by as well. I just assumed this was the same for everyone who reads boards.

MBTI
    INFP

I do both. I do try, at some point, go back and read the entire thread.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    eNFP

I usually read, or at least look at, all the posts before replying. Maybe this is part of the reason I post so infrequently.

I do think it's perfectly fine to only reply to the original post (sometimes that's actually really helpful if the conversation has careened off the tracks), but if you haven't had time to read all the posts I think it's helpful if you say so in your reply. I have seen many people do this, and I appreciate it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Even if there are ten to twelve pages of them? How do you find time to do that and still post? I admit that I sometimes try to cheat by reading only the first and last post, perhaps skimming the rest for words that stand out, but only if the thread is too long.
    Well, if you consider my post count compared to people who've been here for the same length of time...or hell, people who barely got here...you see?

I spend the vast majority of my time here reading rather than posting. It's what I tend to prefer.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Well, if you consider my post count compared to people who've been here for the same length of time...or hell, people who barely got here...you see?

I spend the vast majority of my time here reading rather than posting. It's what I tend to prefer.
    I used to do that, but I found I got more responses with frequent, short posts than long, careful ones, so I switched styles.

I guess I'm kind of dependent on external approval in some ways...

I usually respond to the OP, while being informed by some other posts. I leave much of the forum unread. But follow the threads that interest me, closely.

I am surprised by own post count. I tend to read a lot more than I post.

I use it as a break when I am at work or at home doing school-work-- sometimes the breaks become too long.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I am guilty as charged. I try to read most of the posts... but it gets to a point that there's so many exchanges going on that I lose track of things. And there are posts that I really want to comment on but the topic has moved on. Sometimes I quote/post anyways... most of the time I ended up not replying.
    Same here.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I use it as a break when I am at work or at home doing school-work-- sometimes the breaks become too long.
    I'm even worse... I actually set aside as much time as possible to post here while still getting all my work done. I actually don't let myself do other things I'm interested in because I'm worried I'll miss something on here. I'm just addicted to writing stuff, and seeing other people say something back. It's weird.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I've been posting on internet forums for many years however I can tell that on occasion my post seems kind of random because I'm only responding to the original post. Is it best to just be quiet unless you take the time to read through everything or is it OK in your opinon to just read the original post and go to the end and add your two cents worth?

Just wondering!
    I read the first page, then quote the OM and answer it. But you may have a point in that hardly anyone will read my two cents worth QED?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas