User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Help on Ebay

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Help on Ebay

I haven't used ebay in years and have recently utilized the tool again in order to sell my Xbox. First auction attempt about a week ago fell through. The winner said he bid too high and couldn't pay for it (jackass). The auction for my second attempt has just closed and the winner of the auction immediately wrote me with this:
    Hey i won your item please get back to me with your paypal email address to confirm your paypal email before i send the payment via paypal you can contact me direct to my EMAIL ADDRESS for Quick Payment.... sroy37@rocketmail.com

Thanks.

- jelojo1982
    for "Quick Payment" send an email to your personal email address?? Paypal IS quick, jackass. I feel like it's a scam. I wrote back promptly, but have yet to hear back. Seems kinda fishy to me. Guy has no history or rating on ebay...

Is there a way to offer item to second highest bidder?

MBTI
    ISTx

Uhh...

Dear seller, I'm committed to buy your item and to let you know that i m sending the item to my friend who presently in one of west Africa country Nigeria on missionary program i will be adding 100 USD for the handling and postage to his current address because i want the item sent Via first class delivery USPS{EMS} so get back to me asap if this is OK by you so as to make the payment via PAYPAL asap this is address bellow.

NAME:Tunde Saadu
    ADDRESS:M13 Oba Ile Housing Estate
    CITY:Akure
    STATE:Ondo
    ZIP CODE:234034
    Why do I feel like I'm being set up for a scam? I don't see how I could get ripped off, but it's kind of a weird scenario.

I told him I don't ship outside the U.S. and that I can ship to him or someone he may know here in the states, and then they'll need to be responsible for getting it overseas.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Report it to Paypal.

MBTI
    ISTx

Hello thanks for the mail well just to let you know that i am not in the state for now and if i told you to send the item to my address in the state i will loss the item and i don't want to loss it that is why i gave you 100$ for shipping and handing fees i will be so glad if you can help me send the item to him in Nigeria so i can make the payment asap. hope to hear from you soonest
    Thanks.
    Why can't I just get a normal god damn buyer?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm an ebay seller, and THAT is a scam, setting up payments and sales outside of ebay or paypal voids the protection that ebay provides for you both, he's trying to scam your ass and you need to report it asap.

ALSO

Africa is not an approved place to ship electronics or anything else for that matter, even if they recieve it, they can say they didn't and since paypal holds your money for x amount of times, your screwed. People do this all the time to sellers who don't know this stuff.

Don't send him your info either. Thats a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah, it's a scam. I got emails from email addresses that look like they're from ebay and paypal, saying I've been paid, but that the funds won't be released until I provide a tracking number. Uhh, if I have to ship the items before I get paid, how would I pay for shipping? I reported it.

I hate the pieces of shit that do this.

Thanks for the heads up though, Rainbows.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Yeah, it's a scam. I got emails from email addresses that look like they're from ebay and paypal, saying I've been paid, but that the funds won't be released until I provide a tracking number. Uhh, if I have to ship the items before I get paid, how would I pay for shipping? I reported it.

I hate the pieces of shit that do this.

Thanks for the heads up though, Rainbows.
    People can request that funds on paypal be "locked" until they recieve a tracking number, BUT that shows up on your paypal statement. You don't get an email stating it (I don't believe)

You also cannot get a tracking number for out of country mailings. Thats why many sellers do not do them because they are risky.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

*patiently waits for Beat to post brand new "Quick Spam!" thread for next attempt to sell Xbox*
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    ISTx

I'm so irritated right now. I really wish these assholes could be rounded up and dumped into a pit full of crocodiles that have tape worms.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

*leaves tray of cinnamon-apple tea and frosted spice cookies for Beat, for when he's ready*
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien