User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Me too.
    Maybe they dont know they are creative because they are too shy to tell them

MBTI
    INFP

This is more of the same anti-introverted propaganda that the extrovert world wants to put out in place so as to break the introvert spirit or to force us to "change" which is really impossible, less you are somewhere in the middle!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I see it like this: Extraverts are more amenable to outside influence and conformity to the masses, which hinders creativity. Introverts, I think are more likely to have that idea that no one else ever thought of. However, extraverts are more likely to promote their creative ideas and therefore more likely to get the credit for them.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I think it's bullshit.

The difference in creativity between extroverts and introverts will be in how they express it.

Even between two extroverts, let's assume both are sculptors, you will have contention about who is more creative, "A" or "B." Well, the evaluation of art, it's quality, and how "creative" the artist who made it is are all SUBJECTIVE.

So, the same SUBJECTIVITY plays into making comparisons between an introvert and extrovert with regard to creativity in any context.

Did the person accomplish what it is they set out to do, with what they had available to them?

A PERSON'S GREATNESS is DETERMINED by WHAT THEY DO, WITH WHAT THEY HAVE.

Creativity is inherently measured when measured in this context. If I ask someone to build a machine that controls the weather, and give them a 9-volt battery, toothbrush, box of tin foil, and an old computer to work with, and they pull it off, then they are amazingly creative. If I ask another person to build a lemonade stand and give them $1,000 to buy raw materials and one week to do the work, and I come back, and there is no damn lemonade stand built, then that person is a fop. End of story.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    According to this study, they are.
    Happy extraverts are more creative: study

I find the study questionable since they use word association as the sole measure of creativity.

I'm not disappointed at their results. I'm just annoyed by what appears to be sloppy science and the lack of creativity in devising the test.
    It's more like Halla said. For instance; I have a rich inner life, but I don't always pull through. The problem is, I'm not productive enough to get the job done. If only I could... if only I would...

Pablo Picasso. That is all.

Some of the deepest and greatest art was created by unhappy introverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i just see introverts getting lost in their lil world of creativity for longer periods and i'd just get bored after a bit...or maybe that's just being a p...i don't know...it's probably equal...whatever...i'm too bored to even finish thinking about it....aren't you people glad i bother to post?
    haha ha i know what you think about being bored to finish thinking about something :yim_rolling_on_the_

and i think your post is actually very good because the bolded is most differing E/I characteristic that I notice... Es get easier bored with inner world.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Pablo Picasso. That is all.

Some of the deepest and greatest art was created by unhappy introverts.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quality versus quantity.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Yes. it's scientifically proven by Harvard Scholars in a lab.

this is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. ever. There seriously is no God.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?