User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I suggest you rent it and watch it over the weekend. Then, if you don't go see her on Monday, you deserve everything that happens to you. :steam:

If you do not do this, you will spend the rest of your life wondering what would have happened if you had.

OK!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    So this isn't even a stupid idea? 10 hr drive, 1 full day?
    Nah. It's only a stupid idea if you're over 30. How old are you?

It's not a FULL day. If you leave at 6 AM you can be there for dinner! You can have time to play a game, watch a movie, and talk all night.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Nah. It's only a stupid idea of you're over 30. How old are you?

It's not a FULL day. If you leave at 6 AM you can be there for dinner! You can have time to play a game, watch a movie, and talk all night.
    I'm 21.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    I do not understand the dilemma, clearly you have to leave immediately.
    This statement alongside the Nocturne avatar throws me into a laughing fit.

MBTI
    INFJ

I once drove 12 hours--overnight, at the end of a long work week--to spend the weekend (which amounted to one day) with a guy with whom I had a history.

It had been a long week and I was so tired and exhausted. All day long I'd just been looking forward to getting home and going to bed. But then he called from several states away and we talked for an hour or so. We'd been very good friends and dated a bit in college; nothing too serious although there was a strong attraction between us. He was having a bit of a rough time, feeling alone, and he missed me. I could tell something more was going on that he was admitting, but I didn't know what. He said he wished I could be there. I told him I'd come if he wanted. He was amazed, but he said that'd be really nice.

So I cut the conversation short, threw some clothes in a bag, and left immediately to drive all night and get there by 7 the next morning. I spent one day and one night there, then drove back 12 hours on Sunday.

Nothing particularly wonderful happened while I was there. We had a nice time. Went to the beach, hung out with some of his neighbors. It was a bit weird and things were strained between us, but it was good to see him.

That was 9 or 10 years ago, and the last time I ever saw him. We stayed in touch--called, emailed, and wrote some. He went through some really tough times, but at that point I was out of the country and unable to visit him in person. He finally got things straight, married, and had a couple children.

He was killed a year ago in Iraq.

I'm so glad I went to him when he asked, when he wanted me. As Oberon said, you'll always wonder what could have happened if you don't go now.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have to disagree with the others. It really is a stupid idea, which is why you should do it, posthaste! I was 21 once (2 weeks ago, in fact), and if there is a time when you should be doing stupid things, this is it, perfect opportunity. It will be fun. Impulse is important, but expectations are not, leave them at the door, do not pack them in your luggage, and take each event as a memory in the making, a lesson to learn, etc. etc.
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm 21.
    You only live once! Here's your chance to be young and impetuous! Go for it. You're friends! She wants to "hang out". Don't expect any more than that.

TJs so infrequently do anything this "crazy" but really. It's only 10 hours. At your age, that's nothing. If you have the time, and the money for gas, and reliable transportation, then go. As long as a blizzard isn't coming.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Take that trip, Beat, or I'll shoot this dog.

MBTI
    ISXJ

To quote the wise words of Sam Witwicky as played by Shia LaBeouf in Transformers:

"Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"

(you have no idea how thrilled I am that I get to use that quote...and the context is spot-on!)

Anyway, GO! and have fun!

MBTI
    INFP

I've drove 9-hours to Georgia and back the next day to love on my honey! It was worth it!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters