12 Last

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Question What Have Been Your Greatest Adventures?

In my interest of getting to know the folks here on TypoC better, I was wondering what some of your greatest adventures in life have been.

This could be somewhere you went on a trip, or even just a turning point that had a lot of impact on your life. However you want to interpret it!

Share!!
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You have some great topics, Gloriana!

My greatest adventure by far was studying abroad. I spent a semester in Montpellier, France, and it was awesome and scary, difficult and exhilarating, life-changing and life-affirming.

Also, traveling to Russia for 10 days, by myself, in December 2006. That was a great adventure and I really, really liked traveling alone.

My trip to Amsterdam with my husband (before we were married). It was his first trip out of the US, and we had a great time - rented a studio apartment, rented bikes, and tooled around the city like locals. It was awesome to be with him during his first experience with traveling overseas.

Getting married was a big adventure.

Ren Fest is an adventure every year. And this year's adventure is about to begin!!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

maybe sneaking off while everyone else was at kareoke when I was at Foz de Iguacu and bribing a cab driver to take me to buy a switchblade from someone who sold blackmarket weapons in Paraguay?

or maybe chasing down the dude who stole my purse and getting it back, but breaking my kneecap

or maybe when I accidentally bought stolen stereo equipment from a pawn shop, was stopped in a random traffic stop in a suburb, was arrested for owning stolen property and thrown in jail for 24 hours and then released with charges later dropped... I had a super friendly cell mate who took me around and introduced me to everyone, had to shower in a dreadful communal shower and was stuck reading a prayer book because that was the only reading material available
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Awesome thread idea!

Three summers ago I went to Alaska by myself. (Traveling alone IS awesome! ) I went on this raft trip (super expensive but worth every penny) and got to touch a glacier.

The part above water is rougher than the part below, because the moving water makes it smoother.

Also, I jumped off a 35-foot pole on the ropes course when I worked at camp:

I'm terrified of heights, but somehow being supported by my friends made this doable. I can't imagine doing it now, even under the same circumstances. I've gotten old and boring.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I remember one time I went kayaking with my brother, we paddled out from our beach along the coast and then up a river to go fishing, it was a long way to go but it was a pretty nice day, we paddled most of the day and my brother had become pretty exhausted (he was younger and his kayak harder to paddle) so I tied a rope from the back of my kayak to the front of his and towed him along. On our way back as we were crossing a wide estuary we heard the crack and boom of thunder and the sky quickly got dark as deep blue clouds came rolling in. The wind started to pick up, once we got near the river mouth we saw a boat pass us heading out to sea, as soon as it reached the mouth it launched into the air and came crashing down with a big splash, a big wind swell had come up out of nowhere, this was one nasty squall! We could have turned around and waited at a wharf for someone to figure out where we were but being the stubborn shit I am I wanted to get home and wasn't going to let a squall stop me. So we paddled out past the mouth into the swell, we were surprised at how rough it had become that area never has waves like these. As we turned to head along the coast the waves were crashing hard against the rocks, as we rose up and over one of the swells the rope between our kayaks snapped! My brother started drifting towards the rocks and breakers, I had to turn quickly and bend right around to tie the rope back on as we both were getting pushed closer to the cliffs. Once I had it tied back on I had to paddle as hard as I could to keep us clear of the rocks, eventually we worked our way only the coast and surfed our way in to the beach on the breakers where my Dad was waiting for us. By the time we had got in and had a shower and tea, I went down to the beach and now it had become dead quiet and calm, the storm had left as quick as it came.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

great thread!!!

Before I became a FF, I was very depressed, and suicidal. I didnt know what I wanted to do because I was so unmotivated. This was also right after my parents stopped talking to me (after I came out to them). I was sitting alone in my room just thinking about how much my life sucked. then I sent out for a walk and I heard someone talking about how they had some real problems, and yet they where so happy. I couldn't believe it! after that I went home and started to think about everyone in the world and how they all suffer in their own way. I did this for about a year, and after that I was able to over come the depression and I started to have drive. I went out and started to volunteer and it felt so good. and its been great every since. I do have my lows still but knowing that I help people is a great feeling.
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I always hope my best adventures are ahead of me and not behind me, its a bit harder to sustain with age, but its still my hope. Fantastic idea for a thread.

My best adventures where caving and potholing with a club I joined when I was at university in the republic of ireland. Since I was small I always liked underground passages or small tunnels.

A lot of my other adventures, and a whole heap of fights, are things I'm a little more unsure about, good and bad aspects to them, mainly bad, I think when I was younger I was less conscientious.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I always hope my best adventures are ahead of me and not behind me
    LOVE IT!
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

These are great!!! Keep 'em coming!
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp

My greatest adventures have come from within and without. So high, so low, all in the same day. They have tried to beat me down, but I'm still here.

Had a gun pointed at me, and declared my greatest love to a favorite friend, all in the same day.

Have hope and have heart everybody. If I'm still here to tell the tale, then you all can be too.

Peace and good music, whatever that means to you.

Your friend,

AT