entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm more coherent in writing (hard to believe I know). I don't think in a linear fashion at all and writing my thoughts down allows me to be more clear and articulate. I need to write, re-write, edit, and spellcheck or else no one would have the slightest clue what I'm talking about. Without this luxury, speaking results in everything coming out all mangled, nonsensical and lacking in the vocabulary I need to properly express myself. I even trip over words and struggle to pronounce things correctly (even though I know how), as if my mouth doesn't work like it should.

In other words, I sound stupid and crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No way - forum speak is more conversational english. Like you don't start a sentence with "And". It breaks all kinds of rules. The danger is in our formal writing skiils degrading because of this.
    I used to vaguely care about following this rule until I discovered it was only the result of a snobby application of Latin grammatical rules to English sometime in the 18th or 19th centuries. Besides, the use of conjunctions at the start of sentences has existed since the beginnings of English. Both Chaucer and Shakespeare used them.

And so, I ignore the rule.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    I__P
    Enneagram
    4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm more coherent in writing (hard to believe I know). I don't think in a linear fashion at all and writing my thoughts down allows me to be more clear and articulate. I need to write, re-write, edit, and spellcheck or else no one would have the slightest clue what I'm talking about. Without this luxury, speaking results in everything coming out all mangled, nonsensical and lacking in the vocabulary I need to properly express myself. I even trip over words and struggle to pronounce things correctly (even though I know how), as if my mouth doesn't work like it should.

In other words, I sound stupid and crazy.
    I can relate to this 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teh annoying/boring.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Is it an INFP thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    And so, I ignore the rule.
    And I do too. Conjunctions at the--Wait, we shouldn't go any deeper into English right now. It's summer time, and I'm not in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Do you type, talk, and such like you do in person?

I know I don't. I don't even write novels like I talk. It's just not the same.

And as another question, do you ever talk outloud what you are typing? I've seen that before, and I'll never get it. Of course, I only saw it in films & shows...but still.
    I met maybe 20 or 30 people in RL that I knew online for a while, and ALL said I am exactly the same in RL like online. But I think being ESL makes a difference so, no I dont type/talk on this forum the same. But when I speak my native language, I am very much the same, at least they say.