User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 173

  1. #31
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Jennifer is an ENFP.

    I really should be mopping my kitchen right now.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    It really makes no sense to attempt to deceive other people as to our personality "types" because the whole system is based on a grouping of stereotypes that folk typology has given us through the ages. Ascribing certain personality quirks and behaviors to people merely because you assume their basic psychological processing framework is a dangerous assumption to play with and is ignoring the real truth that is out there. The truth is that the MBTI is a system invented by the Nazi phrenologists to make the idea of ascribing certain characteristics to different people more palatable to the modern world so that they could better control people's thoughts and make discriminating against people a more acceptable notion. Discrimininating on the basis of race is no longer acceptable, so Jung kindly gave us something new that we can blindly accept as the truth and follow dogmatically like sheep, beleiving that we are all special and unique snowflakes and that there are others who are incompatible with us and are our enemies. When we examine the framework of this philosophy we will find that it is riddled with inconsistancies and logical flaws. For instance, different schools of thought attribute different abilities to the different functions that are being discussed, and other schools of thought reject the functions models completely and just have a system of dichotomies that describe people in very simple and stereotypical manners, failing to take in the intricacies of personalities of individual human beings. There are more outliers than data that falls into the research, which indicates that the theory is merely half baked and frequently abused by the less educated members of society to further their needs to stereotype and discriminate without having to actually question their blindly accepted beleifs. Therefore the concept of this thread is preposterous and an abuse of the intellect that the members of this forum seem to be so proud to brag about.



  3. #33
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    It really makes no sense to attempt to deceive other people as to our personality "types" because the whole system is based on a grouping of stereotypes that folk typology has given us through the ages. Ascribing certain personality quirks and behaviors to people merely because you assume their basic psychological processing framework is a dangerous assumption to play with and is ignoring the real truth that is out there. The truth is that the MBTI is a system invented by the Nazi phrenologists to make the idea of ascribing certain characteristics to different people more palatable to the modern world so that they could better control people's thoughts and make discriminating against people a more acceptable notion. Discrimininating on the basis of race is no longer acceptable, so Jung kindly gave us something new that we can blindly accept as the truth and follow dogmatically like sheep, beleiving that we are all special and unique snowflakes and that there are others who are incompatible with us and are our enemies. When we examine the framework of this philosophy we will find that it is riddled with inconsistancies and logical flaws. For instance, different schools of thought attribute different abilities to the different functions that are being discussed, and other schools of thought reject the functions models completely and just have a system of dichotomies that describe people in very simple and stereotypical manners, failing to take in the intricacies of personalities of individual human beings. There are more outliers than data that falls into the research, which indicates that the theory is merely half baked and frequently abused by the less educated members of society to further their needs to stereotype and discriminate without having to actually question their blindly accepted beleifs. Therefore the concept of this thread is preposterous and an abuse of the intellect that the members of this forum seem to be so proud to brag about.



    Crackpot ESTJ showing apparent influence from an eccentric IN type. Perhaps they are shadows of each other...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  4. #34
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Your use of ad hominem attacks clearly illustrates your sad lack of supporting evidence for your argument.

  5. #35
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    INFP.

  6. #36
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post


    Crackpot ESTJ showing apparent influence from an eccentric IN type. Perhaps they are shadows of each other...
    This actually reminds me of INTPs or INTJs I've seen on the forum. Not that I'm here often, so I could be wrong...

    But if this is SJ discrimination, I want you to know that I am offended. Why can't people just be nice to each other?

  7. #37
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    It really makes no sense to attempt to deceive other people as to our personality "types" because the whole system is based on a grouping of stereotypes that folk typology has given us through the ages. Ascribing certain personality quirks and behaviors to people merely because you assume their basic psychological processing framework is a dangerous assumption to play with and is ignoring the real truth that is out there. The truth is that the MBTI is a system invented by the Nazi phrenologists to make the idea of ascribing certain characteristics to different people more palatable to the modern world so that they could better control people's thoughts and make discriminating against people a more acceptable notion. Discrimininating on the basis of race is no longer acceptable, so Jung kindly gave us something new that we can blindly accept as the truth and follow dogmatically like sheep, beleiving that we are all special and unique snowflakes and that there are others who are incompatible with us and are our enemies. When we examine the framework of this philosophy we will find that it is riddled with inconsistancies and logical flaws. For instance, different schools of thought attribute different abilities to the different functions that are being discussed, and other schools of thought reject the functions models completely and just have a system of dichotomies that describe people in very simple and stereotypical manners, failing to take in the intricacies of personalities of individual human beings. There are more outliers than data that falls into the research, which indicates that the theory is merely half baked and frequently abused by the less educated members of society to further their needs to stereotype and discriminate without having to actually question their blindly accepted beleifs. Therefore the concept of this thread is preposterous and an abuse of the intellect that the members of this forum seem to be so proud to brag about.


    INTP?
    edit: hah, i read only until the part of "the great truth out there", well...doesnt sound intp anymore

  8. #38
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    This actually reminds me of INTPs or INTJs I've seen on the forum. Not that I'm here often, so I could be wrong...

    But if this is SJ discrimination, I want you to know that I am offended. Why can't people just be nice to each other?
    ISFJ, or maybe ESFJ...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

  9. #39
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    Your assumptions based upon the aforementioned flawed system are preposterous. Did you not read the factual evidence in my post that prove without a doubt that the "scientific personality system" that you are using is nothing more than common psychobabble with no form of actual scientific backing?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #40
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Your assumptions based upon the aforementioned flawed system are preposterous. Did you not read the factual evidence in my post that prove without a doubt that the "scientific personality system" that you are using is nothing more than common psychobabble with no form of actual scientific backing?


    She's got it. Smoooth
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Similar Threads

  1. Impersonate a random TypoC member in this thread
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 693
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 05:21 AM
  2. Passive voice is to be abused in this thread
    By ygolo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-31-2015, 01:31 AM
  3. Last person to post in this thread gets a diamond ring!
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 1051
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 02:53 PM
  5. Free Waffles in this Thread
    By Cady in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO