User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The stuff about thinking about coming into oncoming traffic is something I've done. Similarly, when I walk by ledge or high window I think about how easily I could jump, or when holding small living things how easily I could hurt/kill them. My understanding is these unwanted sudden thoughts are actually pretty common. People don't really have a desire to do it, but can't help stopping and thinking they could. I think Jung argued denying you have these thoughts or abilities is unhealthy, though acting on them is obviously not good.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    The stuff about thinking about coming into oncoming traffic is something I've done. Similarly, when I walk by ledge or high window I think about how easily I could jump, or when holding small living things how easily I could hurt/kill them. My understanding is these unwanted sudden thoughts are actually pretty common. People don't really have a desire to do it, but can't help stopping and thinking they could. I think Jung argued denying you have these thoughts or abilities is unhealthy, though acting on them is obviously not good.
    Yep, I have those thoughts when I walk by stairwells with my violin. Strange, eh? Doesn't really bother me now though. I've just accepted that it's a thing and I won't really do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I get these urges very strongly when I walk near a high ledge or something like that. The first time I noticed it was when I visited the Grand Canyon. I got near the edge and felt an overwhelming urge to jump. I had to back away because I was afraid that I might actually do it. It was very unsettling. Since that day, I feel a lesser version of that sensation every time I'm in a similar situation.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I walk on all fours when I go up the stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    When I'm riding in a car or on the bus, I focus on a spec on the window and make it leap over objects passing by outside (e.g. signs, people, cars, trees, fences and telephone lines) by adjusting my line of sight. The aim of the game seems to be preventing my little dot from colliding with the obstacles.

I am also the only person I know who writes with two fingers on top of the pen. I'm sure there are others who do this. When I was little and learning to write, I thought it made more sense to have two fingers on top instead of one because it allowed more control and made my writing neater. What's with just the index finger on top? Anyway, I'm stuck with a nasty writer's callus on my ring finger now instead of my middle finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post

I bark back at dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I also have the driving into traffic thoughts. It's like when you are standing at the edge of a cliff and think you might jump in spite of yourself.

I also like popping zits and seeing how much junk squirts out.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I pet my eyebrows whenever I'm tired
    haha. tired or stressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    When I had long hair, I used to wrap a section of it around my nose and mouth when I was lost in thought, because it was soft and smelled nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    I have trouble leaving my scabs alone to heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    If I'm in an elevator by myself, I do silly things until the moment the elevator opens.
    Also, when I'm hyper I jump and dance around when I'm cooking. But others probably do that.

I used to cross my eyes when I was a kid to see further (if I focused on one of the images, it was clearer) instead of closing one eye, since one of my eyes was "dominant" but worse. I didn't realize it was crossing my eyes for a LONG time, I thought it was just a cool eyesight trick. I don't really do it much anymore though.

There's more I'm sure but I don't remember. I have a lot of weird habits, though it seems everyone does!
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am loving this thread.

When walking down the road, i usually check out the groin area first before their face.

When listening to music, i play my imaginary violin.

I have considered plowing my car into oncoming traffic to see myself how much carnage would result from it (not smart)

I talk to my mirror, pull silly faces and smile to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I have to stifle the urge to suddenly kiss people when talking to them. It's because I'm often bored with what they are saying and I'd like to see what would happen if I did it.
    I look at strangers and think this.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post

When I can't think of someone's name I will say every letter in the alphabet until I figure it out...
    HAHAHA! I do that too! It drives me crazy when I can't think of someone's name, and the alphabet trick trips my memory over most of the time. I think it's pretty handy actually.

When I'm in a situation that makes me nervous or impatient, I'll make a mental list to draw my focus away from what's bothering me. I'll use the alphabet as a framework, and I choose a catagory, like " car makers" or " dog breeds", and then list them mentally from A to Z.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I get these urges very strongly when I walk near a high ledge or something like that. The first time I noticed it was when I visited the Grand Canyon. I got near the edge and felt an overwhelming urge to jump. I had to back away because I was afraid that I might actually do it. It was very unsettling. Since that day, I feel a lesser version of that sensation every time I'm in a similar situation.
    Me too! That's why I avoid heights like that when I can.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

When I'm alone I talk and sing to myself in gibberish.
    When I go for a run I act like I'm also playing drums, I also can run to specific music that has the same tempo as my preferred pace of step. Nothing else.
    I always dream that at the spur of the moment I'll grow wings and fly away from this wretched place, so I'll randomly try and jump really high just in case they pop up anytime soon.
    I can control most aspects of my dreams except how they begin and the setting of them. Everything else I make logical decisions of my own.
    I have sudden urges when I'm depressed to piss people off on purpose and to see how pissed off I can get them. I don't act on them, for the most part, but I like to see how people react, how far they will go in expressing their emotions, why they care about mostly silly things, another mechanism of 'feeling alive', in a twisted way.
    I'm unique.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Type while looking away and thinking of what I'm saying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    HAHAHA! I do that too! It drives me crazy when I can't think of someone's name, and the alphabet trick trips my memory over most of the time. I think it's pretty handy actually.

When I'm in a situation that makes me nervous or impatient, I'll make a mental list to draw my focus away from what's bothering me. I'll use the alphabet as a framework, and I choose a catagory, like " car makers" or " dog breeds", and then list them mentally from A to Z.
    I knew someone else had to do this! It's always been the quickest and easiest way for me to remember a name!

I usually don't get the hiccups... I usually just get one hiccup and that's it.

Hmm... Too early in the morning for me to think of anymore right now...