User Tag List

First 123412 Last

air guitar to bad covers
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

When I'm riding in a car or on the bus, I focus on a spec on the window and make it leap over objects passing by outside (e.g. signs, people, cars, trees, fences and telephone lines) by adjusting my line of sight. The aim of the game seems to be preventing my little dot from colliding with the obstacles.

Also (more impulsive games for passengers), I feel a need to find straight pathways through groups of electricity lines overhead where none of the wires are touching/not one is concealing another. In other words, they're all separated in my imaginary cross section. I mentally slice this pathway, sometimes with a very slight nod or a blink.

I am also the only person I know who writes with two fingers on top of the pen. I'm sure there are others who do this. When I was little and learning to write, I thought it made more sense to have two fingers on top instead of one because it allowed more control and made my writing neater. What's with just the index finger on top? Anyway, I'm stuck with a nasty writer's callus on my ring finger now instead of my middle finger.

I have a bad habit of cracking my knuckles. I know this isn't anything unique, but I have a way of cracking my wrists that I've never seen anyone do. It's a bad but peculiar habit of mine. I like, spread all my fingers out in a starfish and then quickly snap the whole hand back into a fist. I also crack my wrists by having my fingers spread, then waving my hand to the side without moving my wrist.

I have more but I can't think of them right now. Funny thread.

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I mix drinks.

Like sometimes I pour milk in the glass and if there is a soda (or beer, or whatever beverage is around) and I feel like it, then I pour over some too.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

- I actually 'meow' when I'm thinking about something that's bothering me, for some reason it's comforting and it gets the thought immediately out of my head. People catch me doing it sometimes, so embarrassing.

Probably more to say that I'll fill in later. Too tired now. *reserves space*
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

So, whenever you pass somebody walking toward you, right after them there's a little puff of air that smells like the person, their laundry soap/shampoo/fragrance/personal scent. It just follows in their wake for an instant. Anyway, apparently I feel like a person's smell is private, like I am some kind of voyeur if I'm going around smelling random people's essences.

So I guess my solution was whenever I passed a person like that, to hold my breath for a few seconds after we pass one another.

I didn't even realize I did this for a long time. Maybe lots of people do it?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    I__P
    Enneagram
    4 sp

I have loads of stupid habits and urges...thoughts that just pop in...

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    I click the tooth just one right of my right front tooth when listening to music, and create polyrhythms.
    I often make different rhythms with my teeth It's fun because it's so easy and it's so easy to imagine it as actual drumming.

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    I pick a random chance with anything and make a bet with myself that if 'x' does/is 'y', something is destined to happen a certain way. Specific example: if I am about to load up someone's facebook page that I like who isn't particularly active on fb, I will predict that if she has any new news in her newsfeed, she is right for me. It is pointless and stupid but I do this with a lot of things. I call it daisy-picking syndrome.
    I do that in a more negative way...it just happens sometimes and I wish it didn't and it doesn't make any sense but - as in, I'm walking, there's a lamp post up ahead, I get the senseless thought that if I don't make it to that lamp post before a car passes me by, something horrible will happen. Like I will will become horribly deformed or something I hate it and it doesn't make any sense, but it's kind of scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I will also listen to music and 'watch' montages in my head of potential scenes and story arcs that come alive via the melodies and tones of music.
    I do that...most often it's like imagining a music video for the song.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    When driving on long car rides, I sometimes imagine a creature (be it an animal or whatever) running alongside the road, bouncing off of other objects.
    I did that a lot when I was a kid! I would be on a train and I'd imagine some favorite toy of mine running really fast along the train and it's sometimes bouncing off treetops and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheShade View Post
    When I have a band or song I really enjoy I imagine myself playing it on stage and having a blast. Though,a lot of people must do that XD.
    Yup, I do that often. If I'm alone I might move my lips and do gestures with my hands, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    When I'm riding in a car or on the bus, I focus on a spec on the window and make it leap over objects passing by outside (e.g. signs, people, cars, trees, fences and telephone lines) by adjusting my line of sight. The aim of the game seems to be preventing my little dot from colliding with the obstacles.
    I sometimes get into a game that I have to count all the lamp posts I see if I'm on a bus or car or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    I have a bad habit of cracking my knuckles. I know this isn't anything unique, but I have a way of cracking my wrists that I've never seen anyone do.
    I crack my knuckles, my wrists and my toes. I do it 2x (I mean also, two different ways I crack them) for each finger and two times on a wrist in a session. Bad, mebbe.

I have an annoying habit that I wish I were rid of, but if I don't have socks on I will be unable to resist the temptation to tear at my toenails, so my toenails are really short, some of them I tear off completely.

If I see a bird on the ground, I get the urge to step on it and crush it.

I'll stop now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teh annoying/boring.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm sure anyone that plays an instrument does this one...but maybe not... When I hear a song that I've played on my flute/piccolo before I instinctively "play" out the notes on my flute... I won't actually raise my arms or anything like I'm really playing, I'll just move my fingers as if I wear actually playing it on the flute/piccolo. If that makes any sense?

I click my nails together when I'm nervous...I never chew on them.

I have a heater on me at work, even now when it's 90 degrees outside. I also wear long sleeves and turtlenecks in the summer.

I'm sure I'll think of more later...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    I mix drinks.

Like sometimes I pour milk in the glass and if there is a soda (or beer, or whatever beverage is around) and I feel like it, then I pour over some too.
    This is both disgusting and awesome.

As for me.... yeah, there are a few.

I sometimes get words/phrases stuck in my head instead of songs/tunes. (Examples from the past: "the semantic derogation of women," "Quetzalcoatlus northopi," "Zatarains!") My BFF (ENFJ) does it too, but I don't know of anyone else.

I obsessively check my hair for split ends. It's annoying. I'm trying to cut it out.

I bark back at dogs.

If I'm watching TV and not totally engrossed in the show, I sometimes visualize words spelled out on the screen so they fill up the whole screen.

If I can't sleep at night, I go through the alphabet and think of one thing on a theme starting with each letter until I fall asleep. Usually it's things from Harry Potter or Star Trek. A is for Andorians, B is for Borg, C is for Captain Picard, D is for Data...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Sometimes I type words people are saying in my head.

I also have the driving into traffic thoughts. It's like when you are standing at the edge of a cliff and think you might jump in spite of yourself.

In the middle of a performance, sometimes I have strange thoughts like, "Hmm, that lady's wearing totally read" or "Look at that guy's weird hair!" and then suddenly don't remember where I am in the music.

Sometimes while driving, I have soap opera like conversations with me playing all the characters to entertain myself even though I don't watch soap operas in real life.

Sometimes I rub my feet together after the shower and see how big a pile of dead skin accumulates on the floor (although I do sweep it up right after and get rid of it). I also like popping zits and seeing how much junk squirts out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Sometimes I rub my feet together after the shower and see how big a pile of dead skin accumulates on the floor (although I do sweep it up right after and get rid of it). I also like popping zits and seeing how much junk squirts out.
    Ha! Guilty! I'm trying to break myself of that because for me it just makes it worse. :sad: