First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    So all your posts on this subject are jokes then?
    Just the one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Just the one.
    Well then no wonder I missed it.

your resident asshole

Er... would anyone like to answer my question of how the internet is more geared towards N's?

Glycerine

It really isn't. My dad (ESFJ) loves Fox News.com, checks his email, looks at funny videos, researches the solution and costs to things, occasionally goes on facebook, imaginary car shops, listens to music, and checks the weather. It is geared to towards to most people's interests. He doesn't really have time for the internet though because he's in charge of at least 900 people at work so he spends his time very productively in the real world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

yeah, the internet is a wonderful place with toys for everyone. This forum is based on a theory though, probably would be my go-to probable answer for why there are more N's here.

i also agree internet is not N's place,only forum like this are... all ESs i know spend on facebook few hours per day... mostly like 5 hours.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    It really isn't...
    I agree, but I was just wondering why everyone keeps saying that the internet is an N place.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I actually still don't retain a lot of information about what 'sensors' supposedly are or what 'feelers' supposedly are. All I know is that the people in my life who have typed with that 'S' and 'P' are usually not very stimulated by mediums like a message board.

My boyfriend seems amazed I can get so excited over reading threads. Now, by saying that I'm not saying he's stupid because this kind of stuff doesn't excite him, I'm just trying to illustrate the difference. It might interest him to read topics that relate to things that are important to him but he seems to get a lot of his gratification from talking, from being around people with whom he can bounce things back and forth (kind of like a game of catch, which he also loves).

I love message boards because it's like reading excerpts from the book of people's minds and I take a lot from it, it feels very cozy to me. Of course I also like being around people and plugging into that energy, but I like plugging into this kind of medium too.

Also, this might be an aside but my BF's family often makes this crack that he "talks smart but writes stupid". I think he can kind of be self conscious because he's a brilliant communicator but it doesn't always translate through mediums like this. He's a teacher so he's a talker and he also sort of communicates through his instruments and music. He seems to thrive communicating that way. When he goes on Facebook (which he loves) or on a board like this it's like he gets a rep for being 'dumb' or something when it's just not the case.

Not sure if that is something other 'S' types have in common or not, but I can understand why they'd be like "F**k it". I excel at communicating by writing, hence I can be like 'F**k it" trying to redirect that in speaking conversation sometimes. Different branches off the same tree I think.

I don't 'know' everything about any of the types, these are just observations from my POV.
    Last edited by Gloriana; 08-03-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: posted too soon
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Okay, I just asked.

ME: How come you don't go on the Typology site more?

HIM: Why? You want me to?

ME: No, I'm just asking why you don't go on yourself more. Does it bore you?

HIM: It's okay. People just want to hear themselves talk on those things.

ME: Including me?

HIM: No, you're good. Well, maybe sometimes. I just mean it's like fighting to get anybody to answer or listen to shit you've gotta say.

ME: So you're saying you don't get enough attention?

HIM: Pretty much.

ME: Because you're all awesome 'n' shit?

HIM: Pretty much yeah.

Don't know if that helps but there it is from the ESFP's mouth.
    Hahaha that's pretty darn good summary. I don't know why the frick I still come here anymore. I used to learn things but I've learned all I can now from this place and it's become redundant. Now I'm just here for attention, which I don't get hardly enough of, because I'm too boring.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    I actually still don't retain a lot of information about what 'sensors' supposedly are or what 'feelers' supposedly are. All I know is that the people in my life who have typed with that 'S' and 'P' are usually not very stimulated by mediums like a message board.
    Well, I will admit that I do find things in the real world to be more rewarding than sitting on my ass all day.

My boyfriend seems amazed I can get so excited over reading threads. Now, by saying that I'm not saying he's stupid because this kind of stuff doesn't excite him, I'm just trying to illustrate the difference. It might interest him to read topics that relate to things that are important to him but he seems to get a lot of his gratification from talking, from being around people with whom he can bounce things back and forth (kind of like a game of catch, which he also loves).
    Is he extraverted, by any chance?

I love message boards because it's like reading excerpts from the book of people's minds and I take a lot from it, it feels very cozy to me. Of course I also like being around people and plugging into that energy, but I like plugging into this kind of medium too.

Also, this might be an aside but my BF's family often makes this crack that he "talks smart but writes stupid". I think he can kind of be self conscious because he's a brilliant communicator but it doesn't always translate through mediums like this. He's a teacher so he's a talker and he also sort of communicates through his instruments and music. He seems to thrive communicating that way. When he goes on Facebook (which he loves) or on a board like this it's like he gets a rep for being 'dumb' or something when it's just not the case.
    Now, if only we could just think into the computer and it would type what our mind was saying.

Not sure if that is something other 'S' types have in common or not, but I can understand why they'd be like "F**k it". I excel at communicating by writing, hence I can be like 'F**k it" trying to redirect that in speaking conversation sometimes. Different branches off the same tree I think.

I don't 'know' everything about any of the types, these are just observations from my POV.
    Mmm. I don't know. I always thought that it was more of an I vs E case, but of course I'm likely wrong.