User Tag List

Glycerine

Default EWWWWWW.... not again

Nothing to see now....lol

your resident asshole

Uh....

Glycerine

Sorry, for sharing that.... it's just so repulsive.

your resident asshole

It's just... I wasn't really expecting that...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I just found out the president of my former Catholic high school got arrested in a sex sting operation engaging in lewd sexual acts with other men. Not too surprised though. There was a male basketball coach who solicited a male classmate of mine for oral sex... Why doesn't there seem to be much value in being an authority figure nowadays?

EDIT: Sorry it's probably in the wrong section.
    That seem to be two different things. "Enganging in lewd sexual acts with other men" might not be a very Catholic thing to do, but it would be perfectly legal and relatively acceptable where I live (I assume he was caught with a hustler). Here we are talking about consenting adults.

The second case you mention is completely different - any teacher (male or female) should keep their hands off their students (male or female) and will get in serious trouble otherwise. As simple as that.

Just my two cents.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Smile Passé

Why doesn't there seem to be much value in being an authority figure nowadays?
    That is because child rearing practices are changing in prosperous, educated countries from the authoritarian mode of child rearing to the helping mode of child rearing.

And so naturally the authoritarians seem to be passé. And even authoritarian institutions seem to be passé.

And of course the Roman Catholic Church is an authoritarian institution par excellence, so now it is seen to be illegitimate and corrupt and past its use by date - passé.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    That seem to be two different things. "Enganging in lewd sexual acts with other men" might not be a very Catholic thing to do, but it would be perfectly legal and relatively acceptable where I live (I assume he was caught with a hustler). Here we are talking about consenting adults.

The second case you mention is completely different - any teacher (male or female) should keep their hands off their students (male or female) and will get in serious trouble otherwise. As simple as that.

Just my two cents.
    FWIW, I'm no homophobe and am pretty much agnostic. I was just really angry about the hypocrisy at the heat of the moment. Now I find it kind of funny. Those two things ARE completely different.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I feel like this thread title a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.