User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Android.

Well, you basically have shut off/wound down any internal feeling (like Data has -- he can create "feeling states" but his identity remains detached from them) and focus on a purely rational processing of life. You don't really experience it unconsciously, you observe it as if from the outside and comment on it.... which is what Data does.
    Really? I'm not aware of doing that. It seems to me that I experience life in terms of feelings in the moment that are based on what happens to me rather than internalizing it or making it unconscious or part of my identity.

I don't think I make all my decisions based on reason, though.

I'm curious to see which you'd be more like once you make some big changes in your life, live independently, and all that... it would seem to be a "truer" self. (It's like waiting for Christmas, wheee!)
    Well, I already know what I would be like at that point, I just can't be that way right now because I don't know how yet.

I'd be fairly open, kind, concerned, and entertaining... if I could be who I feel I am. It's just that there's no satisfying outlet for any of those tendencies right now that will get me where I want to go. So I have to dismiss them until I'm in a position to show them.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Really? I'm not aware of doing that. It seems to me that I experience life in terms of feelings in the moment that are based on what happens to me rather than internalizing it or making it unconscious or part of my identity. I don't think I make all my decisions based on reason, though.
    I didn't say "reason."
    I said "rational process."

At least in your participation here (and based on what you've said about your life outside of here), you process everything (using whatever rules that you use) first, while living your life / being within or identifying with the experience seems an extraneous point at best.

This is very different than what you might see an ESFP do, for example. Maybe more comparisons IRL to others would help you, since you'd have something to showcase what you aren't like.

I'd be fairly open, kind, concerned, and entertaining... if I could be who I feel I am. It's just that there's no satisfying outlet for any of those tendencies right now that will get me where I want to go. So I have to dismiss them until I'm in a position to show them.
    Well, yes... but that's a rational approach.

Other sorts of people would tackle that problem differently. (For example, some aren't able to dismiss them, and so they'd be miserable staying in that situation... so all of their energy would be bent towards changing their situation. Your "dismiss, accept, and sit back and wait" approach is very much like Data's approach.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    no, actually I want to be the borg queen.
    You don't want to be six of nine? Erm, I mean, seven of nine?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Geordi was probably ISFx (not sure on the last letter).
    Definitely ISFJ.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I didn't say "reason."
    I said "rational process."

At least in your participation here (and based on what you've said about your life outside of here), you process everything (using whatever rules that you use) first, while living your life / being within or identifying with the experience seems an extraneous point at best.
    Correct. Being within the experience and identifying with it seems childish.
    This is very different than what you might see an ESFP do, for example. Maybe more comparisons IRL to others would help you, since you'd have something to showcase what you aren't like.
    Ugh. I know what I'm not like. All I know about the way people who aren't like me act, is that they all seem creepy and untrustworthy.

Well, yes... but that's a rational approach.

Other sorts of people would tackle that problem differently. (For example, some aren't able to dismiss them, and so they'd be miserable staying in that situation... so all of their energy would be bent towards changing their situation. Your "dismiss, accept, and sit back and wait" approach is very much like Data's approach.)
    Well, I guess I just find it difficult to muster up the energy to do something that isn't rational, because things that aren't rational have a higher chance of failure and are usually riskier than things that are.

Ah, sorry, I'm derailing. Let's see... I guess if I wasn't an android, I'd be either human or betazoid.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am Geordie, as in executing orders as ordered boosting the engines

Or if that position is already taken I am gonna go for the gay 1st officer

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm probably Romulan...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

been repeatedly compared to vulcan characters that could be typed as INTP or ISTJ. one friend keeps comparing me to tuvok, another to spock. haven't had t'pol yet, but this is probably because none of the people i know have watched ST enterprise.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb