User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you date Magic?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

16 48.48%
  • No?

5 15.15%
  • I just wanted to click something. Could you set this up for me too?

12 36.36%
First 9101112 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    I still wanna know if I'm getting presents at the door!! Let's see if Mr. Magic can get on a roll with correct answers.
    Well, you are leading me with that one. You give the impression that I should give you presents.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Infx

I do not try to lead. And if I do it might be to trick you! >3

Just answer honestly.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I do not try to lead. And if I do it might be to trick you! >3

Just answer honestly.
    Good. Honesty is one of my strong suits, and richness is not.
    I would not bring presents to your door step, for the following reasons:

1) I am cheap. I'm not really making money right now and I've lived a poor life. I know how preciously one should spare limited cash.

2) I never know what to get people. I'll get you something, and then you'll think it sucks, but you won't want to hurt my feelings, so you'll pretend you do like it, and the you'll have it take up space in your house, and every time you look at it you will fill with a mix of guilt and resentment.
    Neither of us wants that.

3) I'm sentimental. Do material expressions matter that much? Presents feel like bribery to me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Infx

YAAAAAAY!!! You ARE on a roll.

I hate presents. For the exact reasons you mentioned. XD

1) I do not like people I don't know spending money on me, especially if they don't have it.

2) Presents make me feel awkward and guilty. Even if I do like it.. I don't feel I've earned it and still have to pretend to be happy.

3) I feel something is expected of me in return. And they're too cliche. Especially flowers and chocolates. Come up with something more thoughtful.

Which leads into the REAL correct trick answer..

C) Pick something random and interesting at some point DURING the time spent to take home as a memento. (I have all kinds of things like feathers and snow globes and pieces of turtle shells. Mostly things I find on the ground.)

And BTW I intended this to be an open conversation. There's fifteen other people that can find out what their dates would be like too!!
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

1) I do not like people I don't know spending money on me, especially if they don't have it.

2) Presents make me feel awkward and guilty. Even if I do like it.. I don't feel I've earned it and still have to pretend to be happy.

3) I feel something is expected of me in return. And they're too cliche. Especially flowers and chocolates. Come up with something more thoughtful.

C) Pick something random and interesting at some point DURING the time spent to take home as a memento. (I have all kinds of things like feathers and snow globes and pieces of turtle shells. Mostly things I find on the ground.)

And BTW I intended this to be an open conversation. There's fifteen other people that can find out what their dates would be like too!!

I get attached to weird little objects, too.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

!

I've shells from every beach I've been to, and pebbles and stones of interesting shapes and textures. I've a sandbox too.

Odd feathers and bits of seeds too. I'm a magpie like that.

MBTI
    istp

*picks several and hands them out*

i hope y'all like them.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

^^

Puffing dandelions is fun.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Good. Honesty is one of my strong suits, and richness is not.
    I would not bring presents to your door step, for the following reasons:

1) I am cheap. I'm not really making money right now and I've lived a poor life. I know how preciously one should spare limited cash.

2) I never know what to get people. I'll get you something, and then you'll think it sucks, but you won't want to hurt my feelings, so you'll pretend you do like it, and the you'll have it take up space in your house, and every time you look at it you will fill with a mix of guilt and resentment.
    Neither of us wants that.

3) I'm sentimental. Do material expressions matter that much? Presents feel like bribery to me.
    When I was dating my husband, lo those many years ago (not THAT many!) he was a waiter and I was a college student. Of course I did not expect or want him to spend what little money he made on gifts for me- it would have felt uncomfortable to me. But he was sentimental too, and wanted to give me tokens of his affection. The first gift he gave to me was a wand made of cinnamon bark onto which he had etched very delicate and intricate designs. It cost him no money at all, as far as I know, but I knew he was working on something for me for several weeks and it meant a lot to me that he thought of me and wanted to please me. Another time he drew a design and poem he had written, had it laminated at Kinko's and put it in a cheap-ass frame. It's still hanging by our bed. After the kids were safe, I'd go back in to get that poem if the house were on fire.

Anyway, all this to say that what you call "cheap" some people consider a virtue, and the right girl will love it in you. I would have KILLED my husband if he had spent thousands of dollars on a diamond engagement ring, as little money as either of us had at the time. Instead, we spent the first 9 months of our marriage living alone together in New York City, several states away from either of our families. We conceived our first child there and came back to NC to raise her, but I wouldn't trade that time for any ring.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Moved some more chatty posts here.

Carry on.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers