User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Energize Me

Free time.

Coffee or caffinated soft drinks.

People. Provided they arent phony or hardwork, ie repeatedly and unconsciously inviting you to intervene in their emotional state and functioning, I cant have enough social time. Conviviality? Is that the right word? Is that the right spell even?

The optimism of others or a helping hand. I spend a lot of time working hard, harder than I need to probably and behaving in a voluntaristic fashion, going above and beyond, its a habit I was taught in childhood but its not actually a good one. So when I dont have to be the source of others motivation, optimism or getting things under way it surprises and pleases me. A lift in spirits can be revitalising.

Power showers, hot baths, a really good shave and all the original source range of shower and bath produces and some of the Lush ones which are similar. Strong mint or eucilptus scented soaps are the business.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Coffee and attention from other people.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Tell me what energizes you, ie what makes you feel vital and alive, what feeds your strength, what you couldn't function easily without, etc.
    ZOMG, what an AWESOME thread idea!

I have to have music. I listen to it almost constantly, or I'm singing to myself, or I'm discussing it with friends. It's a big part of what charges me back up. It feels like it draws my buried emotions to the surface, things I'm too uncomfortable to dwell on through the course of the regular day, and gives me a safe place to focus on them.
    We are one.

I love going out to events like art museum shows, little clubs that host local bands, places where people seem to be in bloom - it gives me such a charge, like every fiber of my body is alert and smoothed down, like I'm just flowing with the souls around me. It's glorious.
    Yes! And I must interact with the crowd. I love chit chatting and blib blabbing with total strangers in the middle of any random or planned event.

I also get giddy at car and motorcycle events, like shows and drag strip racing. The sounds and smells of machine power are like smells of home.
    I like those also, but have only been to a few. I want to go to the Daytona 500 one day. That would be bad ass.

REPEAT:
    Tell me what energizes you, ie what makes you feel vital and alive, what feeds your strength, what you couldn't function easily without, etc.
    Unique Halla-isms to this question below:

1. Having a purpose, and actively working to achieve it. If I have a chance to throw al my smarts and all my strength at some objective to see if I can make it bend to my will, I am there, and I am alive with the fire of life.

2. The chance to help people. Old ladies and groceries, getting a kid's ball from the street, helping stray animals find home, any good deed is a thrill for me. I love to help

3. I love yard work!

4. I loooove going to the gym for an intense workout.

5. Being around people, especially people in their natural element. Spontaneous appreciation of various social engagements. People make me happy, talking with them, making them laugh, listening to the tales of their lives, all of these are energizing to me.

6. List TBD after my 3:00 PM meeting...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    1. Having a purpose, and actively working to achieve it. If I have a chance to throw al my smarts and all my strength at some objective to see if I can make it bend to my will, I am there, and I am alive with the fire of life.
    Ooo... GREAT one! Both having a purpose and living at the edge of our abilities (always pushing ourselves) really is one of the keys to happiness, isn't it?

I've only learned this very recently, and am in the process of beginning to live it.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

We are one.
    FINALLY! Took you long enough, Mr. Super God Pants!

I like those also, but have only been to a few. I want to go to the Daytona 500 one day. That would be bad ass.
    I haven't been to Daytona either! :|

My dream job would be to drag race motorcycles for different factories. So delusional of me, but I can't help myself. lol

Unique Halla-isms to this question below:

2. The chance to help people. Old ladies and groceries, getting a kid's ball from the street, helping stray animals find home, any good deed is a thrill for me. I love to help

3. I love yard work!

4. I loooove going to the gym for an intense workout.

5. Being around people, especially people in their natural element. Spontaneous appreciation of various social engagements. People make me happy, talking with them, making them laugh, listening to the tales of their lives, all of these are energizing to me.

6. List TBD after my 3:00 PM meeting...

You Cavalier! :X Helping people is great. I love to feel like I've made someone's life simpler, or happier, or more relaxed.

Yard work?! *blech* LOL. You know, we were just befriended yesterday by new neighbor and his wife - he's an Army MP for a General - I think definitely an ESTP. He asked us if he could mow our lawn for us on the days he mows his. Seriously?! What a sweet thing to do. You guys are such darlings.

MBTI
    ISTx

Halla, don't forget your main source of energy:

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

FINALLY! Took you long enough, Mr. Super God Pants!
    Hey! I'm a "Per-ceeeeeiver." We're late for stuff, OHHHH-YEEEEAH! LOL!

I haven't been to Daytona either! :|
    Sounds like an excuse for a field trip to meeeeeeee....

The: "INOCA (Interstate NASCAR Ocular Concussion Analysis) Excursion"

...has been born!!!

My dream job would be to drag race motorcycles for different factories.
    In the meantime, just "test drive them for different dealerships."
    The two concepts are similar, no? Besides salary/benefits/etc., you still get to haul ass on super bikes on a regular basis! EUREKA!!!
    Temporary Concept Substitution -> Yields INSTANT GRATIFICATION

So delusional of me, but I can't help myself. lol
    Delusional of you?

Why?

Seriously? Is there some "Has to be a guy that is 5'9", 170 pounds, with a degree in "HaulAssery" from an accredited university rule to be a superbike tester/consultant?

I think you can pull it off because you have the HEART and the WILL to do it.

You Cavalier! :X
    Thank you, my LadyJaye; I am ALWAYS at YOUR service.

Helping people is great. I love to feel like I've made someone's life simpler, or happier, or more relaxed.
    You are totally correct; I couldn't agree with you more!

Helping people is a physical manifestation of the mystery of love. You cannot "give away" love like money.

When you give money away, expect to have less of it for awhile and plan accordingly, BUT when you "give love away" in the form of acts of service to your fellow human and animal brothers and sisters, then you have just made a DEPOSIT into your life's "love account" and you are wealthier than ever before.

Yard work?! *blech* LOL.
    Me + Bushes + EXCALIBUR =

When it comes time to kicking some butt in the great outdoors, for me, it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

That's actually a great example of how differences in people, when coupled together, form complete constructs of functional lives!

You know, we were just befriended yesterday by new neighbor and his wife - he's an Army MP for a General - I think definitely an ESTP.
    Cool! I have heard that there is a higher proportion of ESTP/ESFP personality types in law enforcement related professions...

He asked us if he could mow our lawn for us on the days he mows his. Seriously?! What a sweet thing to do. You guys are such darlings.

We live to have purpose, and there is no greater purpose than to be kind and loving to our friends, family, and neighbors. An individual without friends, family, or a community can only ever become so happy, or even so great. But the person who has made peace with themselves, and also realizes that they have the capacity to make other people's lives better too, their lives will overflow with joy, and even if they die penniless, their funeral will be a testimony to the wealth they have accumulated in heaven.

Always nice to chat with you, LJ.
    Sorry for my tardiness!

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Halla, don't forget your main source of energy:

LMAO!!! How could I ever forget!!! Thank you for the reminder!!!

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro