User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I have fairly frequently been mistaken for a female, presumably because of my hair. If it's out loose people can't see my face from behind and therefore won't notice masculine features like, uh, facial hair. It works a lot better if I'm wearing a few layers of clothing too, especially if my arms are covered. My usual reaction if someone calls me "madam" etc is to turn around very slowly and deliberately and look the perpetrator up and down silently and expressionlessly while they issue a stream of embarrased and flustered apologies. Then when I can take it no more I fall about laughing. I really don't know why anyone would think I'd be so bothered by the mistake, but if they're going to compound their first one with another I may as well get some fun out of it
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I have fairly frequently been mistaken for a female, presumably because of my hair. If it's out loose people can't see my face from behind and therefore won't notice masculine features like, uh, facial hair. It works a lot better if I'm wearing a few layers of clothing too, especially if my arms are covered. My usual reaction if someone calls me "madam" etc is to turn around very slowly and deliberately and look the perpetrator up and down silently and expressionlessly while they issue a stream of embarrased and flustered apologies. Then when I can take it no more I fall about laughing. I really don't know why anyone would think I'd be so bothered by the mistake, but if they're going to compound their first one with another I may as well get some fun out of it
    might as well milk it for all it's worth.

Yeah, there are some typical social cues that key for gender, and particular clothing styles can help camouflage some of the indicators.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft