User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    istp

at least you aren't confused for a sponge!

people have all different variances of hormones, on the bright side, you probably didnt end up with a bunch of testosterone that makes you seem like a meathead.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hm. Your profile pic looks just like my friend's husband looked back when they were dating in the early 90's except he had short hair. I've always thought you were a guy, but I don't remember why.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    at least you aren't confused for a sponge!

people have all different variances of hormones, on the bright side, you probably didnt end up with a bunch of testosterone that makes you seem like a meathead.

It may not be so simple. There are other things supporting the idea that I have a lot of testosterone.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Hah. I assure you that I don't sway my hips, but the rest is actually true.
    Also, the clothes I wear often just make me look thin, obscuring the amount of muscles I have.
    A gentle hip sway may enhance the fine body movement you have?

I'd guess you were somewhat bishounen in mannerisms and looks.

Muscles on a sensitive guy could be very hot to some girls. Or *chuckles* ENTJs looking for someone to take care of.

Well, I decided not to tell him the truth. I felt uncomfortable with that idea.
    I was actually at a lake(not unclothed at the moment, so he was none the wiser), and I basically just said "I'm sorry, but I really just can't", and left it at that. Now that I'm fully remembering the next part, I'm really shaking my head.
    As I was walking away, somewhat of a distance, the guy rather unseriously exlaimed "I love you!" in an attempt to get me to pay more attention.
    Naturally, this made me move a hell of a lot faster.
    What dweeb!
    I decided to leave very shortly after that. At home, I told my mom to cut my hair on the same day. So for a little while, I had short hair.
    Eh. You do realise your reaction was kind of feminine. *chuckles*

Does this mean you don't sound clearly male too? I'd have thought by voice most guys can tell.

It's weird to be an embodied fetish.
    I saw that as embalmed for some reason. Not a fetish, but just a different kind of girl. Those who prefer gentleness in a guy. Or those who'd want to dominate. As above.

Edit: Perhaps your followup question is more are those the kind of girls you want to attract?

fyi, my INTP said you were cute.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

getting looked up and down by dirty old men IS creepy! Sorry that you have to experience it at all! :sad:

I had to laugh when I saw that you were wearing a hat almost identical to the one I'm wearing at the moment in your pic though! AWESOME taste my dear spongeling!

I've never been mistaken for a guy appearance-wise, being quite obviously female in body shape and makeup tastes! I have been called a dude on here before though! I guess despite my frequent use of emoticons, I still give off a manly vibe occasionally!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I've never been mistaken for a guy appearance-wise, being quite obviously female in body shape and makeup tastes! I have been called a dude on here before though! I guess despite my frequent use of emoticons, I still give off a manly vibe occasionally!
    I think they're just assuming that because of your type (ESTP conjures images of tough, pioneering men who survive by their wits and laugh at danger). You don't really seem all that masculine overall in your behavior.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I'd guess you were somewhat bishounen in mannerisms and looks.
    Yes, I have known about that. Very curious...

Muscles on a sensitive guy could be very hot to some girls. Or *chuckles* ENTJs looking for someone to take care of.

Eh. You do realise your reaction was kind of feminine. *chuckles*
    I won't be "Taken care of", I just need some love now and then, but I'd hate to be a pet.
    And I actually don't realize that my reaction was feminine...

Does this mean you don't sound clearly male too? I'd have thought by voice most guys can tell.
    I'm still a teenager, and that was years back. Maybe my voice was higher.
    I honestly have no idea.

I saw that as embalmed for some reason. Not a fetish, but just a different kind of girl. Those who prefer gentleness in a guy. Or those who'd want to dominate. As above.

Edit: Perhaps your followup question is more are those the kind of girls you want to attract?
    Well... I don't want to be dominated. Oy.

fyi, my INTP said you were cute.
    Shucks.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I had to laugh when I saw that you were wearing a hat almost identical to the one I'm wearing at the moment in your pic though! AWESOME taste my dear spongeling!
    For most of it's existance, the newsboy cap has been masculine!
    I hate that it so abruptly became womens' wear.
    Damn you, Kate Moss!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As I was walking away, somewhat of a distance, the guy rather unseriously exlaimed "I love you!" in an attempt to get me to pay more attention.
    Naturally, this made me move a hell of a lot faster.
    What dweeb!
    I decided to leave very shortly after that. At home, I told my mom to cut my hair on the same day. So for a little while, I had short hair.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

You must have been a hot girl. Hahaha.

My brother is INTP and we used to dress him up like a little girl and trick my friends into thinking I had a little sister. It worked really well.

I used to have a shaved head and wore baggy (men's) clothes so I got called sir a lot. Then again, I also got hit on by middle-aged men who immediately got I was bio-female. Within a 5 minute span. Strange. And granted, I was purposely playing with gender expression and expectations.

Once I had chin length hair but I wore a baseball cap backwards and a clerk called me sir, then looked at me an apologized. I guess out of the corner of her eye I looked like a guy. My friend was mad for me because she said I didn't look anything like a guy but I was more bemused than anything.

My ex had curly shoulder length hair and was burly. She got hit on by guys who knew she was female and teenaged girls would think she was a guy and flirt with her and then when she spoke (she has a typically girly voice after all) their eyes would get really big in surprise. Hahahaha.

Nothing wrong with not falling in line with traditional gender expectations.

I hesitate to use the terms 'masculine' and 'feminine' like they are these static universal standards of 'wrong' and 'right'. It's not necessarily that there are things you could do to 'butch up' but rather people around you may have narrower gender expectations so they have trouble reading you.

I think physically longer hair and a slender frame can be read by people as being 'more feminine' but I didn't think you looked like a girl from your pics.
    I also didn't think you sounded female from your posts, like most people I think initially it was gender neutral. Usually unless you have a male or female avatar it's that way. And socially 'introvert' and 'thoughtful' is pegged with 'feminine energy'.

Again, it's not you, it's society.

Also it's exacerbated by age like you say. When you start hitting your 20's and then 30's I think just being you and not going out of your way, people will physically read you better.

MBTI
    INTJ

For years people used to mistake me for a girl when I called over the phone. This stopped a couple of years ago though.

My voice is relatively deep now. I also try to take care of my hair.

=)
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INFP

I've seen your pic, Magic, and I think you are beautiful. Beautiful eyes and smile... then you choose to keep long hair. I'm not surprised that some people are confused. (I hope that doesn't offend you!)

My oldest son is on testosterone replacement therapy, because he has Klinefelter's Syndrome. He is 6' tall and a thin built, and he looks younger than his younger brother (he's 2 years younger). He was really tired of junior high school girls chasing after him (and people in general) thinking that he was still in high school. Anyway, thankfully, he has a mustache and a nicely trimmed gotee... and he's now body building to get his lean muscle more bulked up. He now has older young ladies looking at him, which of course, makes him very happy!

If the confusion really bugs you, than I would suggest cutting your hair and sporting some facial hair.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters