User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default What's affected you here?

The other day a member said to me something about how one line someone else said impacted them profoundly.

I was thinking this over and realized that (I think it was Gromit?) saying "The more I do, the more I want to do and the less I do, the less I want to do" was just the shot in the arm that I needed this week.

A few of the statements Udog has made in his blog over the last year have also affected me or sparked my thinking considerably.

Is there anything someone has said here that has stuck with you or impacted your real life actions? Why do you think it had an impact on you?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Yup, although I don't want to go into who and what, to put it lightly one person on this board wrote a line that has had a profound effect on me and changed the course of my life. Basically.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I can't think of defining points. I the know forum generally has.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

So much stuff from so many sources it's almost overwhelming.

I don't want to name any names because I would be sure to leave someone out.

If someone has touched me , influenced me, taught me, comforted me, listened to me (those are the real saints of the world ) and or complimented me. I have let them know anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

yup I wont say who but yes
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

Smile The Sound of the Surf

As the meaning of any of my posts is its response, after each post I hang out for the meaning, and lo and behold, you give it to me.

And it's not so much what you say, or even the way you say it, but it's the medium in which you say it, for the medium is the message.

And it is the medium that has allowed me to sink deeper and deeper until I am starting to feel the contours of the medium, I am starting to suss out the message of the medium. I am starting to sniff out what is going on.

Of course I wake from my trance with a start and try and tell you what is happening, but you tell me I am smoking pot; you tell me I make no sense; you tell me I speak nonsense; and finally you tell me off.

So I slope off to the Bakery to console myself with coffee and a warm roll and the newspaper. And I pat the dogs and whisper in their ears and they look at me seriously and give me their paw, as I stroke their ears in the sunlight.

So having recovered from my last immersion in the medium, I am ready to throw myself into the surf of Typology Central once again.

I started life surfing the waves in Sydney and now I surf on Central, and all that matters is the contour of the waves and the sound of the surf.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Wow. That's interesting.
    No. I wish! Most of what is written here is just as annoying as the perpetual drivel I hear everywhere else.
    The most I hope for is the odd laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Wow. That's interesting.
    No. I wish! Most of what is written here is just as annoying as the perpetual drivel I hear everywhere else.
    The most I hope for is the odd laugh.
    The gallows laugh.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The gallows laugh.
    Gotta laugh or you'd cry.
    Or murder someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Lots, I've got Lateralus' post from ages ago in my sig but there's plenty of posts which make me think, plus I read LOTS of the blogs without comment because I sort of think of them that way, I might create one of my own some day when I get more familiar with how.

The people who I dont find affecting, or who affect me adversely (and that happens unfortunately, there's lots of excuses or pretence but some people are just, when you get to the bottom of it, jerks, they dont exhibit any learning or insight either) I just put on my ignore list. Most everyone else, whether they agree with me or not I can safely say make this place No. 1