User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's affected you here?

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Ended up meeting and getting to know people I otherwise wouldn't have and I'm glad I did. People whose perspectives I value and appreciate. Can't say someone's dropped a supreme line of knowledge on me though. But there's still time.

L'anima non dimora Array Donna Cecilia's Avatar

I discovered that I´m not a "weirdo", like people I know in real life often calls me.

I have much more in common with many TypoC users than with most of the people I deal with everyday, even close ones.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Thumbs down Silence

Of course it is the silence that is most interesting - the silence of those who have left - the silence of the lambs.

What would they say if they could post here?

They would say no one responded to me. I would post from the heart but it is as if I were speaking to the sea.

And the only thing worse than no response is a response. For a response only led to argument after argument, only ending in personal attack.

I thought I would take up arms against a sea of troubles and become a moderator. But it was as though I were trying to moderate the sea.

But finally I lost my faith, I lost my faith in typing even though they kept telling me that it would change my life and help me understand myself and everyone around me.

But no one understood me, not even me, so I left - leaving only silence.

Short answer to the OP: Yes.

Certainly meeting and interacting with some interesting people here has greatly affected me. And in turn I've seem to have affected many people as well, since people keep saying how enriched they feel after interacting with me or reading my posts.

Somewhat. I have been much more "real" here than in real life. IRL, I am really emotionally detached (monotone, bland personality) and have my walls up so in some ways, this site lets me tap into myself more.

the touching conversations that I've been able to have with each and every one of you on this forum

If you died, I'd probably miss you :sad:

Not really.

I get common sense when my head/thoughts are darting a million miles in each direction and i need to apply the brakes. I appreciate that immensely.

I enjoy the close proximity i share with a selected few and even take heed to the opinions of those who i think are fucking assholes. Who am i to judge, lol.

This has been a great stepping stone for me but i no longer get my fix from questions raised here .. That comes from elsewhere. I suppose i want to delve deeper.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

I identify with the questions of many different posters at many different times, but rarely with the answers.

I must say the only comfort I found here was that there are other weird people out there, but I didn't necessarily found pearls of wisdom that helped me become any better. What doesn't kill you only makes you stranger, I guess.

The biggest effect this forums has had on me is making me feel like there is something wrong with me. I remember the joy of anticipation in getting to exchange ideas with fellow ENFPs. It quickly dissipated.

My own posts have affected me. Posting and then seeing them in live new posts, forgetting they are mine, they have affected me greatly. Sometimes, browsing old threads, I am filled with a deep feeling of both inspiration and alienation when I stumble upon a post I relate to instantly only to find it was me that posted it.