User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

... I'll just say I've learned things from many many people since this forum opened, and considering what I was going through in my personal life back when we opened... I don't even know if I would have survived (srsly) without a number of people here who were accepting and encouraging.

So this was definitely the first community where I wasn't ashamed to be open about my life and still felt part of things.

I also have developed a few relationships here which I consider to be very important friendships to me, even if we're not IRL proximity to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I was thinking earlier how sometimes one word can pull the pieces together. There was an old post of Jennifer's where she described the isfp as a bricoleur. That pulled all the pieces together about something I was thinking about in a single move. And it wasn't in a thread I had asked a question, it was a random find in a browse.
    ROFL! And that just happened to be my new "word of the week" (I make an effort to add to my vocabulary), I picked it up online and in a text about anthropologist Levi Strauss; I don't think I've used it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Wow. That's interesting.
    No. I wish! Most of what is written here is just as annoying as the perpetual drivel I hear everywhere else.
    The most I hope for is the odd laugh.
    I'll take care of the "odd" part, but someone else might have to make you laugh.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I wonder if the people who have been affected usually have a close familiarity or friendship with the poster. I ask this because I can't say I've been profoundly affected or changed, but rather I learned more facts and arguments. Probably because I only spend time in a few channels, none of which are blogs.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    I wonder if the people who have been affected usually have a close familiarity or friendship with the poster. I ask this because I can't say I've been profoundly affected or changed, but rather I learned more facts and arguments. Probably because I only spend time in a few channels, none of which are blogs.
    Yes and no. In the above post with Jennifer I didn't know her at the time. Other things that directly reflected me, I knew them and trusted their opinion.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Only one of them, but it was unexpected. Familiarity and friendship alone doesn't affect my thinking, as the merit of having a good idea would, even if it's not entirely fleshed out. I approach that someone in the first place because they gave me an excellent thought.

Familiarity and friendship, instead grants an individual the right to offer advice or judgment on my personal decisions and such things I wouldn't share with anyone else.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

These moments have been the genesis of a few friendships, that's for sure.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

This forum has been an immensely positive experience in my life.

As an extravert, I am more socially isolated than I care to be IRL, due to being ridiculously busy (career, wife, 2 kids, grad school, etc.).

The ability to log on here, drop my thoughts in my blog, read the thoughts of others, give advice to folks asking for it, learn things from people exploring topics of interest to them, laughing my head off at the crazy sillyness that abounds, and trying to make others laugh, I feel more connected than I actually am and it has increased my happiness, it's been a great ride thus far. Thank you all!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Only one of them, but it was unexpected. Familiarity and friendship alone doesn't affect my thinking, as the merit of having a good idea would, even if it's not entirely fleshed out. I approach that someone in the first place because they gave me an excellent thought.

Familiarity and friendship, instead grants an individual the right to offer advice or judgment on my personal decisions and such things I wouldn't share with anyone else.
    I agree with that, even in books I can credit people with insights whatever their personal prejudices may be, so I can see good points even if they are being made by people I have fundamental disagreements with or mightnt like.

I'll also give people the benefit of the doubt too, things which would pretty much preclude friendship wont make me put them on ignore, the only thing which will is if I reckon that someone is seriously trolling, baiting or behaving in an abusive manner. They can do that if they like but I'm going to ignore it.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I'm still a bit new here, but I think joining this forum has been a great learning experience to how different personality types interact with each other, and what each personality type's primary motivations, wants, abilities, and areas for improvement are. Understanding the human personality will be very useful when I start my career in education.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The entire site in general has affected me in a positive way. I wouldn't have learned to personality type people without being here; and that's had a significant impact on my life.

But as for people; I find that when I get in deep with an ENTP I get this feeling like I need to elaborate and think about what I'm saying. I've never thought any deeper than when I talk to one of you guys (if you're reading, you'll probably know who you are). I have come to so many realizations about myself from your prodding and how you seem to easily simplify complicated things that I'd normally stop caring about...

And just having someone to hear me out every now and then is a really great thing too.

Not much time. Elaborate later.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    intp

Some insight into the many ways people go astray in thinking/arguing, i.e.- variances in sophistry and mental pollution. Varieties of passive aggression, too.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery