User Tag List

123 Last

Glycerine

Default What's so great about Twilight?

Can you guys please enlighten me? Is it because the the male leads are supposed to be uber "hot"? I swear that my brother is better looking than the Edward character.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

those fans are all slightly masochistic -> vampires/werewolves romance

I think Edward is hot, all broody and dark features. I think the werewolf guy looks about twelve. The idea of vampires is intriguing to little teen girls.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I reckon they need to reboot Twilight, make it darker and more violent and give the vampires and werewolves guns and stuff. They need the vampires to be ancient and cool, one of them could be played by someone evil, Bill Nighy or something and Bella should wear a tight black cat suit and have guns.
    Yeah, yeah that'd be awesome.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Phew... I saw one of those movies. Boooooring. If you want the best vampire stuff out there ---> True Blood. That show is very well written. There are more twist in first fifteen minutes of any episode than in two hours of Twilight.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I've read a lot of vampire fiction. As such, I can't stand Twilight -- not because I don't like the way it's written, but because I can see clear as day which authors the writer is ripping off. It's like she took Anita Blake and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and mashed them together. Hell, she even got the glittering thing from Anne Rice. Her vamps looked irridescent under street lamps.

Whatever. The movies make good drinking games.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think the male lead is actually butt-ugly, not even average looking. He looks...deformed. No lie. Maybe I'm biased by his ever-present sneer, though.

I haven't seen the movies, they look lame and most things that are loved by 12 year old girls are not loved by me (except ponies).
    -end of thread-

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    those fans are all slightly masochistic -> vampires/werewolves romance

I think Edward is hot, all broody and dark features. I think the werewolf guy looks about twelve. The idea of vampires is intriguing to little teen girls.
    haha, the funny thing about that is that I have heard many 20+ year old females go gaga over the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I reckon they need to reboot Twilight, make it darker and more violent and give the vampires and werewolves guns and stuff. They need the vampires to be ancient and cool, one of them could be played by someone evil, Bill Nighy or something and Bella should wear a tight black cat suit and have guns.
    Yeah, yeah that'd be awesome.
    You sir are brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Phew... I saw one of those movies. Boooooring. If you want the best vampire stuff out there ---> True Blood. That show is very well written. There are more twist in first fifteen minutes of any episode than in two hours of Twilight.
    I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I've read a lot of vampire fiction. As such, I can't stand Twilight -- not because I don't like the way it's written, but because I can see clear as day which authors the writer is ripping off. It's like she took Anita Blake and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and mashed them together. Hell, she even got the glittering thing from Anne Rice. Her vamps looked irridescent under street lamps.

Whatever. The movies make good drinking games.
    You're refreshing with your bluntness. I love your sig, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I think the male lead is actually butt-ugly, not even average looking. He looks...deformed. No lie. Maybe I'm biased by his ever-present sneer, though.

I haven't seen the movies, they look lame and most things that are loved by 12 year old girls are not loved by me (except ponies).
    hahaha, agreed. I was starting to think I had disturbing taste in guys for not being in love with the guy.

garbage

The best thing about Twilight is that Robert Pattinson absolutely hates it and its fans

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    The best thing about Twilight is that Robert Pattinson absolutely hates it and its fans
    haha, Seriously? I have heard similar things about Kristen Stewart.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Robert P strikes me as INXP - really goofy and dorky attitude during interviews when not playing tormented vampire